Catching Up

Bose's POV

One whole year......My Girlfriend's Birthday, My Birthday, and Me and My Girlfriend's anniversary to just name a few big things I missed. All because of those stupid intruders in Alaska I missed out on a whole year in my life. I see Mika sitting in front of me and I can't imagine how much she's been hurting because of this. After a bit of reminiscing the rest of the crew walk in, Chapa hugs me carefully, Miles hugs me and then whispered in my ear "I'm sorry."

Sorry? I'll talk to him about that later. Ray hugs me as well then Schwoz hugs me too. After all the hugging and meeting up is done Schwoz tells me some important info.

"Bose I'm so glad to see you awake! So I know you are dying to get out of the bed but you have to give your body time to get used to moving a bunch more. For now you'll be pushed around in a wheelchair like when you got your new superpower but this time you be getting motion training throughout the next 6 months so by the beginning of next year you'll be able to move around and fight crime again." Schwoz explained.

Back in a wheelchair........but instead of it being for one day it's for half a year! But it doesn't matter whatever I need to do to get back to normal I will absolutely do whole heartedly.

"How will we explain this to Swellview or his family who thinks he's been missing for a year!" Miles asked.

"For Brainstorm We'll say while on a superhero break he broke his legs so he won't be fighting till he's fully healed and for his family and ours we'll say he ran away but I think we can keep him in the man's nest till he's fully recovered and then he'll be able to go back home perfectly fine." Ray explained.

I won't see my family for another six months, Mika told me they searched for 6 months and then lost hope. So I guess they did care about me a little which is nice to know. I wonder how my parents will react seeing me home after a year and a half, I hope I get a warm welcome.

"Ok let's give Bose some breathing room, he's heard a lot of information in the last 30 minutes and he needs time to process it all." Ray says.

"Thanks guys but miles do you mind staying back?" I ask.

"Yeah sure." He says.

Mika kissed my cheek and then left with the rest of the crew. I wanted to talk to Miles about that sudden apology he gave me earlier.

"Miles why did you say sorry to me earlier?" I say.

"I feel like I'm the reason you're in this situation, if I didn't teleport with all those intruders back to the twin lakes entrance or if I could of helped you fight off more guys. I just feel like this accident is all my fault and I'm so sorry Bose I feel so guilty." Miles says.

"Miles this isn't your fault, you didn't know they were going to jump on you all at once, it was 2 versus 5, and I'm awake now that's all that matters. So if it will make you feel better I forgive you even though you have done nothing."

Me and Miles hug and I can feel the weight lifting off his shoulders as his hug isn't as tense filled as before. Before Miles leaves I asked him to get Mika to come my way please.

Mika's POV

I'm so happy....after a whole year he finally wakes up, it still feels unreal to be honest. Miles comes back from the infirmary with a sweet smile on his face looking relieved and that makes me wonder what he's feeling relieved of. He tells me Bose asked for me so I get up and immediately head to the infirmary, I get to the infirmary and see Bose waiting for me.

"Hi honey." I say.

"Hey before we talk about anything else I wanted to tell you about the conversation Miles and I just had." He says.

"I was wondering that since he came back into the man's nest with a look of relief on his face." I say.

"He thought me getting into this accident was all his fault and he had huge amounts of guilt because of it. But I talked to him and sorted everything out so now he knows it's not his fault." He says.

Wow......Miles felt that guilt for a whole year! I can't believe his own twin sister didn't even notice but I was dealing with my own pain and problems so I can't blame myself for not noticing.

"You ready for the next 6 months of training?" I ask.

"I don't have a choice."

Both Bose and myself knew that these next six months were going to be exhausting, tiresome, and cruel but we are going to do all we can to get Bose's life back to normal.

6 months later......

I can't believe we made it.....through 6 months of agony and pain. The first 3 months were extremely hard everyday we would stand Bose up and help him walk until he was finally able to walk by himself in month 3. Then the last 3 months we helped him gain the strength to withstand his power again. First he tried lifting pencils and water bottles for a whole month and struggled for so long. But by month 6 he was back to lifting full cars and people again. After hearing him cry and almost give up over 1000 times it felt good to see him in front of me on his last training day. He had full mobility, his powers were stronger than ever, and this is the happiest I've seen him since he woke up 6 months ago.

"Bose it's my honor to say that you are completely healthy, can finally fight crime and go back home." Ray announced.

Bose engulfed me in a hug, a hug full of warmth and happiness. I haven't got a hug from him like this in a year and a half so to say this was a moment of euphoria was a understatement.

"We did it Mika, I can live again!" He says.

"No honey, you did it!" I say.

The group then got into a group hug, something we haven't done in so long. I'm just so happy to have my Bose back and I know the future we withhold is brighter than ever.