Moving On

Bose's POV

Today's the day we are finally leaving Ace. We talked with the orphanage last night, told them how we found Ace and kept him safe, and how if one day when he's older we would love to see him again. So now we are driving there with little Ace in his car seat looking out the car window. We arrive, walk-in with Ace and all his belongings we bought for him, and the lady we talked to yesterday meets us at the front door.

"Hello Mr.O'Brien, Mrs.Macklin, and you must be the big boy Ace!" The woman we know as Mrs.Shawna says.

She reaches her hand out to Ace to greet him and Ace willingly shakes her hand with a small smile. Mrs.Shawna has been working at this orphanage for over 2 decades now and she is the most welcoming woman for these kids.

"Woah Ace you're super strong!" Shawna says.

"I know I have big muscles, see!"

Ace then shows his muscles to Shawna with the biggest smile on his face and Shawna plays along then says...

"I think we have a mini hulk in the building!"

Ace giggled at Shawna's comment...

"Ok buddy, it's time for us to go." I say.

Ace runs up to us and gives us the biggest hug.

"I'll see you again right?" Ace asks.

"Of course honey, we love you, and we'll miss you. But have a good time here and when we see you again you can tell us all about your forever parents!" Mika says.

"Ok I'll miss you guys but now I can't wait to meet my new parents so I can tell them about you!" Ace says.

"Alright, bud you ready to go meet some new friends in your new room?" Shawna asks.

"Yup! Bye guys, I love you!" Ace says.

"We love you too Ace!" I say.

Ace and Shawna walk away entering the orphanage hallway which is filled with other kids and their rooms. I grab Mika's hand and we leave the building with a bittersweet smile on our faces.

"I'm gonna miss him but he's gonna love it there, all those kids to play with, he'll never be alone, there is always an adult there, and he has such a good chance to get adopted!" Mika says.

"I know babe, I can't wait to see him one day in the future with his forever family." I say.

"You're my forever family Bosey!" Mika says.

Mika saying that makes this bittersweet day turn into a fully sweet day. To be someone's forever family especially after leaving mine means the world to me.

"And you're mine." I say.

"Let's go get some corn from the corn lady for the crew!" Mika says.

"Definitely!" I say.

20 minutes later...

We walk into the Swag Classroom and see the crew learning about using our powers without being seen.

"Hey, guys!" Mika says.

"Hey Sis and Bose!" Miles says.

"What's up Lovebirds!" Chapa says.

"Hello, other children." Ray says unenthusiastically.

"What's wrong Ray?" I ask.

"The old man is just hungry!" Chapa says.

"Shut up Chapa, I'm not old!" Ray says.

"Well guess who's got corn from the corn lady?" Mika asks.

"Ooh, I wonder who?" I ask.

"Bose sweetie, it's us." Mika says.

"Oh yeah, here you guys go." I say handing out the corn.

The team now eating and enjoying the corn and we continue to watch the learning video happy in each other's company.

Mika's POV

2 years later...

Today marks 2 years in my apartment with Bose, 2 years since we left Ace, and my 5th anniversary with Bose. Right as I speak we are in the airport getting ready to go on a trip to Venice, Italy. With its warm climates, slow pace of life, delicious food, and the Italian passion for 'dolce far niente' or 'the sweet art of doing nothing, there is no better place to simply relax and enjoy being in the company of your loved one. Bose walks towards me with some coffee since we're getting on the 8 am flight and we decided to come early so it's 7:30 am now.

"Here Mika-Bear." He says.

"Thanks, Hun." I say grabbing my coffee.

"Mika, can I tell you something?" He says.

"Of course Bose!" I say.

"I'm scared of flying in planes." He says.

"But you flew our RV to Hollywood and we fly in the Mancopter all the time!" I say.

"But both of those were either under my control or someone I deeply trust but planes are different. Planes are in the air for longer, hold so much more weight, are flown by a stranger, planes crash way more often than helicopters, and what if there are crying babies our ears could be dama-" I cut Bose off.

I hold Bose's hands and say...

"Bubba breathe."

Bose stops talking, looks at me, and slow breaths in and out.

"Sorry, I'm panicking." He says.

"It's ok Bose I'm here nothing is going to happen. We going to get on safely, enjoy the flight and have a great time in Italy." I say.

I kiss Bose's cheek and then we hear our flight departing over the intercom.

"Ok let's go." Bose says.

We board the plane, put our stuff in the overhead, and get settled in our seats. I give Bose the window seat so he can see the beautiful view to calm him down.

10 minutes later...

The plane was getting ready to take off, I could feel Bose trembling next to me so I grab his hand and lay my head on his shoulder. He lays his head on mine and fully relaxed his body while looking out the window to stay calm and collected. After 5 mins we were completely in the sky and after 10 more minutes, Bose was completely asleep looking completely tranquil. I move my head and he wakes up a little to scoot down so he can rest his head on my shoulder. I kiss his forehead and close my eyes imagining our amazing trip to Italy.