Making Up For Lost Time

Bose's POV

I slowly approach the door of our apartment, my body filled with anxiety. What if she hates me now, I mean I just took off our promise ring and stormed off not even giving her time to explain. But I need to put all my worries aside and just go in there and talk to her. I open the door and see Mika sitting in the living room with her head down, I close the door and then her head turns to me. She runs towards me and hugs me tightly, so tight like if she lets go I might fade away. I could feel her shaking and crying into my shoulder.....so she was just as anxious as me. I hug her back since we obviously both needed that hug.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"I'm sorry too." She says.

"I shouldn't have gotten that angry at you for just wanting time with me." I say.

"I shouldn't have let my anger take over and say all those mean things. I didn't mean any of them I promise!" She pleads.

"I believe you butterfly, I'll always will." I say.

"I missed that nickname Bubba." She says.

"And I missed that one."

Mika breaks away from the hug and pulls something out of her pocket.....my ring. She slides it on my finger and then pulls me in for a kiss. She puts her hand's around my neck and I slide my hands around her waist. This kiss felt fresh and new but still gave the same spark and euphoric feelings. I pull away and say...

"I love you Butterfly."

"I love you too Bubba."

"We can send Ace to an orphanage or foster home tomorrow, ok?" I say.

"Ok but for now let's go sleep while he's still napping!" She says.

"Ohh! I call little spoon!" I say.

"Bose you are the biggest softie" She says while giggling.

"But I'm your softie." I say.

"Well come on softie I'm tired." Mika says.

Mika grabs my hand and drags me into the bedroom where we see Ace still sound asleep in his little toddler bed in the corner of our bedroom. I will say I'm going to miss that little cutie once he goes but I'll feel better with him having a permanent home one day rather than this temporary one.

2 hours later...

I wake up with Mika now in front of me with Ace cuddling her. He must have woken up crying and Mika just brought him to the bed with us. I take a picture of this cute scene and put it on my Lock Screen. I decided to get up and cook dinner since we'll all be super hungry once they wake up. I make spaghetti and garlic bread since Mika and I love Italian food plus Ace loves noodles no matter how you make them. I finished making the food and suddenly feel someone hugging me from behind. Of course, knowing it's Mika I turn around and kiss her forehead.

"Thanks for making dinner Bose" she says.

Mika's POV

"Anytime honey." He says.

Ace runs up to Bose, hugs his leg, and says...

"Thanks for the food Bobo!"

Bobo is Ace's nickname for Bose since he said Bose is too long and he calls me Mimi since you guessed it Mika's too long too lol.

"Your Welcome Ace!" He says.

"You want to tell him, Bose?"

"Yea he needs to know." Bose says.

We clean up after dinner, get into pajamas, and then sit Ace in between Bose and myself on the living room couch.

"Ace honey we have something to tell you." I say.

"Ok." Ace says.

"So tomorrow we will be bringing you to a place that will help you find a forever mommy and daddy. So that means you won't be able to see us anymore." Bose says.

"What but I like you guys so much, my old mommy and daddy were mean!" He says.

"We know buddy but Bose and I aren't ready to take care of kids all the time and we want you to have a home with someone who can be with you all the time and never leave you." I say.

"Oh ok. But you'll still love me right?" Ace says.

"We'll always love you, Ace." Bose says full of sincerity.

Ace starts to tear up...

"But I will miss you." Ace says.

I pick up Ace, sit him on my lap, and then say...

"We will too buddy but, it will make you happier because you will find your forever parents and we will be happy since you'll always have someone with you" I say.

"Ok, that does sound nice. But can I have a picture of us so I don't forget you!" Ace says.

"Don't worry buddy we'll give you a picture and we are going to tell the woman at the orphanage all about how we took care of you so if one day in the future your parents let you come see us we can meet again! By then you'll show us how big of a boy you are right?" Bose asks.

"Yes, I'll be super strong!"

Ace laughs showing us his super big muscles.

"Ok now, are you a bit happier about tomorrow?" I ask.

"Yes!" Ace says.

"Ok Ace it's time for bed so let's see if you can sleep the whole night!" Bose says.

"I will just watch me!"

Ace jumps off my lap running straight to bed with determination to sleep the whole night just to prove it to Bose. I laugh at how easily persuasive Bose can become with Ace.

"Good job honey! Let's hope he proves you wrong and sleeps the ENTIRE night." I say jokingly.

"What can I say I speak fluent child!" He says.

"That's because you are one!" I say.

"Hey, I am not!" He says.

"Says the one who wanted to be a little spoon during nap time, when Ace takes bubble baths you ask to play with the bath toys, and you are younger than me!" I say.

"By 3 and a half months!" He says.

"3 and a half longgggg months baby." I say.

"Yea but I'm you're baby right?" He asked.

My baby of a boyfriend gave me the puppy dog face that I haven't seen since we were 15, had just started dating that night, and he was asking to watch one more movie. But boy does it work on me...

"Yes, you're my baby." I say.

Bose bombards me with kisses all over my face while laying on top of me like he doesn't weigh 1000 pounds but I would rather be crushed to death with his kisses than ever have to experience what happened earlier today again.