Missing Bose

Mika's POV

Ughhh.....my head is pounding I wake up after a all nighter marathon. I look around and Chapa is nowhere to be found. I pick up my phone and seeing my unread messages and missed calls immediately makes me jump up.

From:Miles
- MIKA!
- BOSE IS HURT!
- Why aren't you answering your phone!
- I called you over 80+ times!
- please just answer.

From:Ray
- Mika!!!
- Brainstorm is unconscious!!
- We been trying to contact you!!

From:Mom
-Honey you ok?
- Your brother told me to try calling or texting you since you haven't answered
- Text me when you can.

From: Schwoz
- Mika everyone is trying to contact you!
- Bose is hurt! Chapa was already up when I came into the man's nest but we tried waking you up but you were sound asleep!
- Come to the Man's Nest infirmary when you see this ASAP!

Missed Calls- 100+

OMG! Bose is unconscious! How long has he been! Is he awake! I need to go to the infirmary now! I run through the halls of the man's nest and reach the infirmary. I enter and see Miles, Chapa, Ray, and Schwoz all standing around a bed. Even though I know who's laying in the bed I dared to ask.....

"Is it him?"

The whole group turns towards me, Miles runs towards me hugging me, Chapa looked blank, and Ray and Schwoz looked worried. I look towards the bed and see Bose laying there unconscious, his face was blank, and his body looked lifeless.

I walked toward his bed, held his hand but it was cold as ice, and I immediately started crying. Miles tried to hug me but I slightly backed away showing I didn't want to be touched right now.

"What h-happened to h-him?" I ask.

"We got into a fight with some intruders that grabbed me as I teleported back to the twin lakes entrance. Bose was fighting 3 at a time, when he thought they were down one of them grabbed him by the collar, dragged him to the lake, broke his ribs, punched him in the face 5 times, head butted him, and threw him into the lake when he was unconscious which made him consume a bunch of water. Plus his head was already aching from ear pain which didn't make his beating any better." Miles explained.

My poor baby. While I was enjoying tv and sleeping the morning away, my boyfriend was getting beat down to unconsciousness.

"When will he be able to wake up?" I ask.

"We don't know...it could be hours, days, weeks, months, or even years plus his body needs a least a full month to completely heal." Schwoz answered.

I could go years without ever hearing his voice, seeing him smile, looking into his honey brown eyes, hugging him, kissing him, heck just spending time with him.

"Mika do you want us to give you some space? I know this is a lot for you right now." Chapa asked.

"Yes P-please." I say.

The rest of the group exits the room and after a few minutes I just let it all out. I cry and cry and cry till I physically can't anymore. I feel absolutely nothing in my heart right now but sadness. But I need to be strong and keep going not for just me but for Bose too. I don't know how long he will be unconscious but I will make sure that when Bose opens his eyes he will see me in my peak and not at my lowest.

1 year later....

1 year....a whole year. I've been thinking of him every day, visiting him every day hoping that he'll wake up but he still hasn't. I celebrated my 17th birthday without him, his 17th birthday without him, his parents thought he ran away and made a whole city search for him for a whole half a year but the parents lost hope and gave up just hoping to see their son again. We've been together for almost a year and a half but we didn't even get to celebrate our anniversary together. The danger force team has still been fighting crime but we always feel lacking. We all miss the positive energy that Bose brought to the group, his not so smart comments that were concerning but hilarious, and we miss how he cared so much about the whole team. I miss him so much I still wear the promise ring he gave me over a year ago. Every time I see it I remember the amazing dinner date we had for our official first date after a month of dating. The whole city of Swellview are all wondering where brainstorm has been but we just said he's taking a break. Nothing....I mean NOTHING will ever be the same without Bose, I just need him to wake up. I walk into the infirmary, sit next to my Bosey, grab his hand and just stay next to him like I do everyday just hoping he wakes up.

"Hi Honey it's me again, how are you?.....well I hope you're good because truthfully Bubba I'm not okay. I miss you so much and I need you to give me some sort of sign to show that you'll wake up soon." I say.

As I hold his hand with both of mine while slowly and quietly weeping I hear a faint voice say....

"Mika."

I slowly raise my head thinking that either I'm starting to go crazy and hearing voices or my Bosey is finally awake again. I meet my eyes with Bose's face and see him awake looking right back at me.

"Hi butterfly." He says.

I immediately hug him gently knowing he's still a bit weak, but I cry into his shoulder, and hold onto him like if I let go he would fade away.

"You're A-actually awake!" I say in disbelief.

"How long have I been out? The last thing I remember is hitting the cold lake water. Mika.....how much have I missed?" He says tearing up.

"It's been 1 year Bubba and you haven't missed much since nothing felt the same without you. My 17th Birthday, your 17th Birthday, or our 1 year Anniversary nothing felt right without you." I say.

Bose silently cries about how much he missed and I silently cry about how much I missed him. I text Schwoz that he woke up and to bring the rest of the crew because I know they missed him as well.

"How much longer do I have to stay in this bed?" He asks.

"Not long......I hope since over the year your body completely healed up but you haven't used any of your limbs in a whole year so it's like you're a baby again learning how to use your body." I explained.

"I'm just so happy I'm awake and that the first person I saw was you butterfly."

He squeezed my hand after he said that and never in my life would I think that a simple hand squeeze would now mean the world to me.