Chapter 18

Warning: Lotsa blood I guess? I felt like I should put a warning here just in case. There be blood (more than the simple scratch last chapter)

(Y/N) wasn't sure what was going on, everything felt blurry and light, she felt weak and broken. One moment she had been suspended in a bright room, her limbs feeling like they were being stabbed by multiple knives and needles, and the next thing she knew, she was floating in a black abyss, unable to wipe the blood that had run from her nose or open her eyes.

She floated for a bit, trying to piece together the past 24 hours, but her memory felt frazzled, nothing seemed to make sense, and all the images in her mind were foggy. There was a gentle breeze that hit her face, distant sounds of metal hitting metal, and someone crying out. She tried to move, to open her eyes and see what was happening.

A groan, she managed a groan, and suddenly all her energy came back. Her eyes felt like they snapped open, the darkness of the abyss disappearing and blinding her with the white light from earlier. She felt like she'd woken up from a deep sleep, her body felt heavy, weak, like she could barely move.

To her surprise, she was in Sonic's arms, one of his arms under her back and hand gripping onto her tightly, while the other reached across and cupped her head. He felt warm against her, his heart beating erratically, and his chest moving quickly, like he was panting. She saw him glance down at her, then back to whatever was making the metal clanging. The hedgehog was glaring at something, and when she turned her head, she saw Metal Sonic with a red cable around his neck, and a red aura surrounding his form.

The (a/t) lifted her head slowly, confused as to what was going on, and Sonic noticed her movement, turning his gaze to her. At first, his eyes seemed full of worry, but then they changed, and he seemed calmer. The hedgehog smiled at her, moving the arm around her head to wipe the blood from under her nose,

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked.

(Y/N) blinked, seeing a red stain appear on his glove, her head still feeling somewhat fuzzy. All she could manage was a single nod of the head, and he chuckled,

"Good, because it's about time we got out of here." He glanced at the blue robot, "I uh, I may have fucked up a bit and made our friend here supercharged. Can you stand?"

She nodded again and the hedgehog pulled his arm away from her, setting the (a/t) on her feet. Now that he was further back, (Y/N) could see blood running down his arm. She felt her chest spike in a panic, and she reached for his arm,

"What..." Her voice felt strained, "What... happened? Are you... Okay?"

"Let's not think about it right now." Sonic said, shrugging off her clear panic. He gritted his teeth for a second, "I have another problem I need to deal with before we leave."

The (a/t) only nodded, but she couldn't take her eyes away from his arm. Seeing the blood dripping down and onto the floor made her stomach turn, knowing he'd gotten hurt while protecting her from whatever had happened. Sonic gave her a reassuring smile and a thumbs up, doing his best to make her feel better, before he turned his attention back to his robotic counterpart, placing a sassy hand on his hip.

"So Metal, are we gonna do this the easy way, or the hard way?"

The robot attempted to beep in response, the sound coming out more like screeching, and he lifted his hands in a claw-like manner. (Y/N) could see some blood on one of his hands. Sonic shook his head and let out a disappointed sigh, shrugging his shoulders.

"Your funeral."

Metal then crouched down, the jet in his back firing up. However, (Y/N) realised he wasn't facing Sonic, he was facing her. Loud tapping could be heard now, and the two heroes glanced up at the screen, Eggman seemed to be typing something. Was he giving Metal Sonic orders?