Chapter 23

Aight! Hopefully I can get back into writing the fanfic this week and we can get back on track with the story :) I have like... Two other solid fanfic ideas after this one so I'm hoping to smash them out of the park! (lil hint; one is gonna be a 'classic' Sonic adventure, the other is gonna be more angsty, I hope you're all keen!)

Anyway, on with the story!

The next day rolled around quickly, and everyone was already preparing for the final battle. They knew it was going to be a battle and not just a simple mission, because these heroes have faced Eggman many times, and they knew he wouldn't let them go without a fight. This was only (Y/N)'s third, maybe fourth time if you count the fight with Metal in the city, and even she knew Eggman loves to put up a fight.

Even still, the (a/t) could help but feel nervous. She had gone from the past week of relaxing and recovering, to being thrown into gameplans and training. It was rather jarring, yet she couldn't help but feel happy, things were finally happening, and she was finally able to move on to the next step. Tails had given them a proper rundown of the plan this morning, making sure to include Silver and Haven as well. The fox had been adamant that everyone had to play a part, that any type of distraction would be enough to help, and the extra hands would be appreciated. It took a bit of convincing Haven to help out, but eventually everyone was on the same page. He wanted to use any and every asset the group had to make this as quick and easy as possible.

(Y/N) was going over the plan in her mind as she practiced targeting tree branches with her grappling hook. Haven was going to be used as a distraction from outside the building, using her arrows to break the cameras outside and hopefully distract Eggman for a moment while Sonic and (Y/N) sneak in through the front again. This saved her from having to get too close, and she could stay hidden in the trees, so Eggman wouldn't be able to identify her. Silver was going to go with them, however he was more like their guard, if any robots appeared, he would throw up a shield to give the two a chance to get into the elevator, and if anything went wrong with it, he'd be able to help them.

Considering Eggman will be expecting them, they hoped that at least blinding the cameras would stop him from being able to do anything for a while. However, they were also expecting him to be prepared, so Tails had studied the blueprints of the building, and if anything went wrong while the two were in the elevator, he knew how to get them out safely. Otherwise, he'll be giving the two instructions on where to go and what to look out for. The fox was pretty sure he'd be able to hack into Eggman's security as well and was planning to scramble the cameras on the inside and keep an eye on the doctor's moves. If Eggman moved, he'd be able to alert Sonic and (Y/N).

And finally, it would come down to Sonic and (Y/N) to do the rest of the mission. Tails told the (a/t) that she should practice using her grappling hook, as it could be a useful item when they reach the bottom level of the base, plus she can break any cameras she sees if she feels it's necessary. And that's just the plan on breaking into the base. Tails hasn't shared any information for what to do once Sonic and (Y/N) reach the bottom level, though he reassured both of them that he'll be able to tell them at the time, there's far too much information to dumb on them right now.

The (a/t) and hedgehog both agreed, it would be better to think on the fly, if they had time to think on perfecting the plan, it could go side-ways. All they know for certain is that Eggman will attack, and they'll need to be ready. Thankfully, they had the blueprints for that.

That was this morning, and everyone had gone their separate ways to prepare. (Y/N) was currently swinging her grappling hook around, wrapping it around branches and breaking them off. Her aim was already pretty decent, but she knew she would need the whole day to perfect it. Silver had taken Haven to the base, giving them both the chance to scope it out and understand their own parts properly. Tails was still on his laptop, which was now plugged into a small box to keep it charged and was working on the earpieces everyone would have to wear for the mission. Sonic, well who knew where he was right now.