Chapter 22

Uh... Meow?

I'M SO SORRY I'VE BEEN ABSENT.

I got carried away with work and uni, so I just haven't been able to write, however end of year kicks in and I'm feeling more motivated again. I am SO SORRY for being gone for so long, I hate when stories are left incomplete and I've done just that ;-; I'll try my best to get back into writing.

I have like, 3 more weeks of uni (with 4-5-6 assessments lololol help) so after that I'll def be able to get back into the swing of thinngs.

Man, I have a lot to update ya'll about... But I won't do it here. I've left ya'll waiting too long already! Here's Chapter 22 of Behind the Scenes (The Sequel)! Enjoy!

Unlike the past few days, the next few passed quickly, though almost in a dreamy-like calm state. Now that things seemed good between them, Sonic and (Y/N)'s friendship seemed to be back to normal, and they spent as much time as they could hanging out, talking more about their lives and other random things, the two learnt so much about the other, and it felt like they were only getting closer and closer. They spent a lot of their time by the river as well, just sitting in silence and listening to the sounds of nature around them. The (a/t) was happy to know that Sonic enjoyed this type of relaxation as well. They could enjoy it together.

However, aside from catching up on each other's lives, the two were also bringing up possible ideas to help the (Y/N)'s family. There seemed to be nothing else in the way anymore, and without the added stress, the (a/t) was finally feeling like she was recovering. It was time to get serious.

It felt like it was happening too soon, Sonic was getting in contact with Tails, and he was going to be out with them the next day. Their tiny holiday in the world of madness was over, and they were back to being heroes.

Sonic and (Y/N) were sitting in the centre of the ruins, a campfire flickering between the two when Tails arrived. The two glanced up and welcomed the young fox, before blinking in surprise as Silver stepped out from behind him. The light-coloured hedgehog gave the two a nod, before turning his attention to the ruins and making his way around them, as if in search for something. The yellow kitsune watched him for a moment, shaking his head, before he made his way over to the fire, laptop in hand.

"Glad you could come." Sonic said as Tails sat down, "But why did you bring Silver?"

Tails shrugged, "He said he knew the way here, and was adamant about coming along."

They all turned their attention to the silver hedgehog, who seemed to have given up on his search. He turned to face them and waved, making his way over. (Y/N) watched him, not entirely sure how she felt about the futuristic hedgehog being here. She hadn't seen him since the war, and his attitude towards her back then hadn't been the greatest. She shifted slightly, holding her arm as she stood next to Sonic and gave Tails a nod. The fox smiled and nodded back, before turning to Sonic,

"So, where is the USB?" He asked, and the blue hedgehog's ears perked.

"Right here." He said, pulling it out of his quills and handing it to his brother.

"Thanks." He took the small device and plugged it into his laptop.

A few moments of awkward silence passed, before Tails started typing. The other three now stood around him, watching as the screen changed repeatedly, documents opening non-stop, scrolling through, and closing again. The fox knew what he was doing, what he was looking for, and (Y/N) just couldn't keep up. No one could keep up. Sonic eventually got bored and ended up striking a conversation with Silver. The (a/t) couldn't help but listen in.