Chapter 27

A/N: I just wanna let ya'll know I wrote the below author's note while I was writing this chapter (a week or two ago) and yes it had been months between this chapter and chapter 26- I have been working on it since, writing the final chapter now!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, just letting you know that it's been ages since I worked on this story (as you can probably guess) and at this point I'm just wanting to get it done. However, I'm still doing my best to write with passion, I won't let this story down just to get it out of the way. That's why it's been taking so long, and I apologise for such lengthy breaks between the chapters. This one will probably be uploaded soon after Chapter 26, but in reality, I haven't touched this story for months, and I don't have the energy to go through and make sure every little detail is perfect, so I would also like to apologise if anything is inconsistent. I'm tired, and I want to move on to more personal works, but I'm still going to give this story my all, it only has 3 chapters left (including this one) so please be patient with me, I will get it done, it's just taking longer than I originally thought.

Sorry for the lil rant, now onto the story! I hope you guys enjoy, it's gonna be a long one lol (and sorry if it's really repetitive, I tried my best ;^; )

Sonic's eyes were wide as he watched their final foe transform before his very eyes. The praying mantis-styled robot's body grew larger as layers of metal moved smoothly into place; resembling something more of dragon scales while still holding the shape of the insect; long thin wings sprouted from its back, now free from the metal casings that had become its armour, and reached up towards the tall ceiling; its legs were now much longer, making the robot tower over the two heroes, and they both cringed as they realised its legs were now much thicker than before. The pinchers on the front had grown in size as well, and now seemed much sharper, the limbs more flexible and moving almost like snakes in the air, poised and ready to strike.

The transformation reminded the blue hedgehog of a praying mantis and a dragon, if the two creatures were to ever combine. It was something he hoped nature would stray far away from, but he wasn't going to show his concerns to his sworn foe.

Placing a hand on his hip, the hedgehog raised his head, taking in the now much taller mechanical creature, a smile taking hold,

"Ya know, for someone who claims to hate animals, you sure love designing your bots after them." He quipped, "So hypocritically cliché, since you think organic life is weak."

Eggman growled in response, the head of the mantis-dragon tilting forward, "Shut up pest!"

He pressed some buttons, and the robot lunged into action, the pinchers racing towards the two heroes. Sonic and (Y/N) jumped out of the way, the claws barely missing the blue blur as he ran around the room, taking in the situation. He caught a glimpse of the (a/t), who was also studying the robot's new design. They had to think of the fly if they were going to get out of here alive.

The pinchers lifted off the ground, leaving small creators in the ground, and the two came to the same conclusion; this thing was far too big too fit in Eggman's warehouse without damaging the place.

As if to prove this thought, the robot spun on its six legs, its wings clipping at the lights that dangled from the ceiling, shattering the bulbs. Sonic held a hand over his head, protecting himself from the shattered glass that fell to the floor. A large scrapping sound was then heard as the back of the robot hit the wall, causing it to crumble and debris to fall to the ground.

(Y/N) was covering her ears from the sound, the terrible scrapping coming to a halt as the robot now stood between the two. Its head twitched, before sending a pincher towards the (a/t). Sonic ran ahead but was stopped as the other came crashing down in front of him. He dodged it, running around just as the other pincher lifted off the ground, the (a/t) struggling in its claw. The hedgehog growled to himself, glancing around the area in an attempt to come up with a plan to free her; and spotted (Y/N)'s grappling hook laying in amongst the rubble. She must have dropped it when the pincher grabbed her.