Broken Glass

Walking through the halls of Hawkins High School. Smiling at everybody I passed. Those were the perks of being close with Steve Harrington and Nancy Wheeler.
The two have been dating for a while, they broke it off a little while back and as much as I hate to say it, joy filled me. I've always had a tiny crush on Steve, but who doesn't?

When they got back together, it was sad of course but seeing Nancy happy made me happy. She was one of my closest friends.

"We should do something tonight." She proposes, looking down at some colorful notes she had in her hands.

"And when you say we you mean...." I waited for her answer to be Steve, only because most of the time we did everything with Steve. But I wasn't complaining.

"Just us, I promise. No Steve." She confirmed, looking up at me from her notes and smiling. That's one thing I loved about Nancy. Her smile was so sweet.

Right after she says that, Steve comes running up behind her and grabs her hips.

"What did I hear about no Steve?" He asks before giving her a kiss. I look in the other direction until I hear their laughs and giggles stop.

"Hey Roberts." Steve says as he waves, still having one arm around Nancy. It killed me inside to see them like this, but Nancy was happy. So I hid my bit of jealousy and smiled. "Hey Steve.." I say, waving in return.

"Steve tell her that we should hang out tonight." Nancy demands while looking at him. "Jenna Roberts you should go out with Nancy tonight." He says with the stupid voice he always talks in. "Without poor Steve." He weeps, while hugging Nancy tighter.

"As long as it's without you." I say, shrugging. "Oh come on, you know everybody loves me." I roll my eyes and smile. Steve's always had that cockiness in him, he's definitely allowed to have it. His hair, his eyes, his-

"Jenna, I'll see you later. I have History." Nancy says, knocking me out of my little world. Embarrassed, I smile and nod. She smiles back and they both walk in the opposite direction.

I stood there for a couple seconds and then turn around. But to my surprise Billy Hargrove was right in front of me, smirking. "What the hell do you want?" I ask, not really wanting an answer, because whatever comes out of his mouth would be stupid.

Billy was new and obnoxious. He just moved in with his dad, step-mom and step-sister. Maxine I think. The only reason I knew this was because I live close to his house. We aren't side by side but I was close enough to walk to it. His engine was so loud that I could still faintly hear it even with being a couple houses down from him.

I look up at him. He still had a stupid smirk and a stupid cigarette in his mouth.

I didn't get an answer. He was just trying to annoy me. When I tried to push past him he just got in my way, every time, laughing.

"Yeah, hope this is amusing to you." I sneer, still trying to get past him. "It is, don't worry." He grins, as he moves out of my way at the last second making me almost fall. I hear his awful laughs coming from behind me, but I didn't look back.

"Asshole" I muttered.

-

Finally the day was over. I walked to Nancy's car to tell her good bye. She wasn't with Steve, strangely. Usually, you can't see her without him.

"I'll see you tonight right?" She says, opening her door. "Yep, will you pick me up?" I ask, she nods as she gets in the car.

"What time?"