Please

- Jenna's Pov -

The next morning I woke up, my head was pounding and my arm hurt.

I sat up in my bed, trying to recollect my thoughts. Trying to figure out why my arm hurt so bad.

Then of course it hit me all at once. My heart dropped all the way to my stomach when I remembered what happened. I still had the same clothes on. A tank top and shorts. My arm had a bruise on it when I looked at it. I couldn't believe Billy had that hard of a grip on me.

It was early in the morning, early enough that the birds were still chirping. I rubbed my dry eyes and decided to take a shower.

I walk into my bathroom and take a look in my mirror. I had dark bags under my eyes, that were also red. The bruise looked worse in the reflection and on top of that I had the worse headache.

I turn the shower on and wait for the water to heat up. It was still weird being the only person in the house, I didn't like showering alone. Since my mom has been in the hospital, Billy usually waited in my bedroom but now it was just me.

A long exhale escapes my lips when the water hit my back. This I really needed, even though the shower was my place to think. Right now I didn't want to do that, I didn't want to think about last night, the party, and Matthew, but most importantly, I didn't want to think about Billy.

When I got out of the shower and got dressed, I decided to go into the kitchen. Eating sounded like the best way to get rid of this hangover. But before I could search the refrigerator for anything, I got a phone call.

As I walked over, a part of me prayed it wasn't Billy but another part of me did.

"Hello? This is the Roberts.." I mutter.

"Jenna. Are you okay?" Speaking of Matthew.

"Do you think I'm okay?" I snap into the phone. "Sorry." I knew he was only trying to help.

"Its okay, I know you're upset. I just wondered if you needed anything?" He asks me.

I look around my house. My empty, lonely house. Would it be so wrong if I invited Matthew over? I know that's what got me into this whole thing in the first place but to be completely honest, the more I looked at my bruise, the more pissed off I got at Billy.

"Some company would be nice." I sighed out.

"Really?"

"Yes." I told him, trying not to sound too desperate.

"I'll be there in 20 minutes. Bye Jenna."

"Bye." I smile before resting the phone back on the wall.

-

Matthew didn't lie. After 20 quick minutes he was there.

"You're sure you're okay with me being here?" He asks as he entered my house.

"If I wasn't I wouldn't have invited you." I say, closing the door behind him.

He checks my house out while I make my way to the couch. I watched him as he took interest in some pictures.

"Pigtails and braces." He laughs as he looks at the pictures on the walls.

"Middle school was a rough time." I say as he sits in the recliner next to the couch.

The silence between us was loud. There was so much to talk about, so much that was on our minds about last night. I guess we just didn't know how to say it.
I picked at my nails while he stared at his feet.