Pigtails

The next morning I did not feel like going to school at all. Was I being dramatic? Maybe I was, but I didn't care. My body ached in all different kind of places and my eyes burned from crying. Speaking of crying, I still wanted to, but my eyes were so dry.

I immediately wondered where my parents were. My guess was that my dad was passed out on the couch and my mom was probably asleep in her bed. But who knows. I've been surprised a lot these past couple of days.

I throw the covers off of me and swing my legs over the edge of my bed. I look at the window beside of the bed, a part of me wished that Billy would appear at the glass but I knew he was tired and I also knew that it was selfish of me to want him here with me.

I stand up slowly before walking to my door. I try the knob but it wouldn't open. I was getting frustrated until I remembered I locked it last night.

The kitchen was quiet when I entered into it. I peeked around the wall into the living room. Nobody was there, thankfully.

I take this opportunity to eat something. The only thing I've had since the dinner was the ice cream that I got with Max and Billy.

But when I opened the cabinets, there was no food. I make my way to the refrigerator and open it but it was only filled with beer.

"Great.." I muttered to myself.

I was starving and I wasn't about to eat the three cans of expired tuna that was stuffed all the way in the back of the cabinets.

"Fucking great." I repeated before throwing my self on the couch.

I didn't feel like going out, I mean who would after that? There wasn't even any eggs I could make, how do we not have eggs? We always have eggs.

My eyes close again and I listen to the birds chirp outside of the house. I already had a feeling this was going to be a shitty day.

Even though I felt like shit. The more I thought about it. It wouldn't be so bad if I went to school. I could even get food there, even if it did taste like complete shit.

I sigh before pushing my self off of the couch. I made my way to my bathroom so I could freshen up. When I got into the bathroom I looked at myself in the mirror. Great, I felt like shit and I look like shit.

I turned the shower on before walking into my room to find an outfit.

All of my clothes were dirty so I knew I only had a few options to pick from.

I rummaged through my drawers and found a green and black striped sweater and black jeans. This would have to do.

I lay the clothes out on my bed and make my way back into the bathroom to take a shower.

I feel like shit, look like shit, and I know I smell like shit too.

Thank god for showers and makeup.

-

"Oh my god, what happened." Carol so very nicely greeted me as I shoved my books into my locker.

"Do I look that bad."

"Well..." I turn my head and narrow my eyes. "..no, you look amazing. Are you okay though?"