Get Out

!!WARNING!!

- violence, mature scenes -

-

    "Sorry it's so early. I just wanted to avoid my parents."

Matthews driving me home. It's very early in the morning and I'm still half asleep. I made sure to put the close I had on yesterday back on.

"It's okay, I need to get back home anyway.." I yawn out.

Once we get close enough, I smile to myself because my moms car was sitting in the driveway. That means she's home and there's no way she hasn't seen my door.

"Thank you for everything." I say to Matthew.

He smiles. Dimples popping out.

"You're welcome. Be safe Jenna, if you need me I'll be there."

I return the smile before getting out and shutting the door.

The house was silent when I entered in. I check the couch, my dad fast asleep on it. I make my way towards my room and what I saw broke my heart.

My mom laying on my bed, crying very quietly. She was cuddled up with one of my blankets.

I stare at her for a while. Of course I knew what was wrong but apart of me didn't feel any sympathy because she knew what was going to happen when she let my dad in.

"Mom." I finally say.

Her head pops up quickly. A purple bruise formed on her right cheek, one that I couldn't see when she was laying down.

"H-Hey honey.." She wiped her eyes with her hand.

"What happened?" I ask, still standing by the door.

Ignoring my question, she lifts her head up. "Are you okay?" She whispers.

I look at the still broken door before facing her again. No, I wasn't okay, but what did that matter.

"I'm fine. Are you okay?" I repeat the question.

She nods and finally sits straight up on the bed. "Did he do that?" She motions towards the door.

I stare at the wall behind her. I don't really want to tell her because I don't want to face the possibility of my dad hurting her if she tells him to leave. Again.

But, another part of me just wanted him gone. So, so bad. I take a small breath before nodding.

"He did."

"Did he hurt you?"

I shake my head.

"Okay. We'll get that fixed." She sighs and stand up from my bed. That was all she said before kissing me on the cheek and walking out of my bedroom.

I walk over to the broken door and shut it the best it could. Still wanting privacy the most privacy I can.

After adjusting the door as best as I could, I hop in my bed and throw the covers over me. Seeing my mom cry broke my heart but what did she expect, she was stupid to give my dad another chance.

I tried to go to sleep, but didn't really get the chance to because I was only a couple minutes in when I heard the sounds of the window sliding up and felt the cold air enter my room.

Of course I knew who it was but I peek over the covers anyway. When I saw him all the pain I felt disappeared, but it looked like pain was all he was in.

After shutting the window, he didn't say a word to me. Just walked over and got under the blanket with me. I rest my head on his chest and he kisses my forehead before placing his head on mine.