What Don't You Understand

!!WARNING!!

- alcohol, mentions of abuse-

-

    "As you all know..today is the last day of school." It was my fourth class and that meant I had 5 more to go. In all of my other classes we didn't do anything except for talking about memories that we all created the last 4 years of school.

But this class my teacher wanted to get all emotional and do a speech. Billy was sitting next to me, leaning against the chair with bored written all over his face.

"I just want to thank all of you for being wonderful students.." he smiled at all of us until he got to Billy, then his smile dropped. "well..most of you."

I look at Billy and he already had a smirk on his face. Before I could say something to him, I feel someone tap my shoulder.

"Jenna." I turn around to a girl.

"I was supposed to tell you that Matthew is looking for you." The girl told me.

I close my eyes and sigh before smiling. "Thanks.." I say.

"Matthew?" Billy asks as I turn around.

I roll my eyes before leaning in my chair. "I don't know." That was the truth. I really didn't know.

"I hate him." He states, putting a strong emphasis on 'hate'

I laugh at him. "You sound like a little kid." I tell him.

The bell rings before he could say anything smart back at me. "Bye Billy!" I smile at him and rush out of the classroom before he could catch me.

I make my way outside to meet Carol by the picnic tables. Students are already leaving the campus, some people didn't even show up to school because it was the last day. I had to though, I can't stand to be in my own house anymore.

"Hey!" Carol shouts from the table.

She wasn't doing a thing but eating grapes, usually this was the time to catch up on homework but obviously we couldn't do that.

"So you're coming over after school right?" She asks before plopping a grape into her mouth.

I look down at my outfit before answering. I was content with wearing this to the party.

"Yeah." I say, looking back up.

"Great. Party starts at six and it ends whenever the police show up." She jokes with me, shooting me a goofy smile.

"Right." I roll my eyes and take one of her grapes.

I look around campus. Nothing really caught my eye until I saw Nancy, she was leaning against Steve's car talking to him. Then a thought hit me.

"Did you invite Nancy?" I ask Carol, still watching her.

I hadn't talked to Nancy in a while. It kind of pained me but it got to the point where she had a problem with everyone in my life. I missed her but I also feel like it was good to distance myself.

"Yeah, I invited almost everyone, I didn't want to be a bitch and leave her out." She tells me, "Is that okay?" She furrows her brows.

"Yeah, yeah. I was just wondering. I don't care." I assure while finally taking my eyes of Nancy.

"Well anyway, only a couple more hours until we're off!" She smiles.

"I'm kind of scared Carol." I didn't want to bring the mood down but I really wanted to voice this to someone.