Thunder

Jenna's Pov

"Jenna wait." Billy tried. I ignore him and slam his door. He followed me towards my house. I open my door and tried to shut it but he put his foot in the way.

"Jenna!" He shouts.

"What?" I shot. I was so tired and I just wanted to be alone. I didn't feel like hearing anything from him.

"I'm sorry." He falters. He bit the inside of his lip while he strained to try and keep the door open. His eyes were red, like mine. I don't give him a response and look away. He sighed and ran his hands through his hair. He looked panicked. "Say something."

"I want to be alone." I mutter.

He groans. "Jenna..please."

"Go away." I hiss at him.

He sighed and moved his foot away from the door. I closed it without saying anything more. I quietly drag my feet back to my room and once I got inside I fell on my bed. Not bothering to take my shoes off or turn the light on.

My eyes couldn't form anymore tears.

My plans to go to the pool tomorrow to see him totally went out the window. I didn't want to do anything tomorrow and I especially didn't want to see him.
It was supposed to be a fun night but instead it turned into a terrible one.

I was exhausted and I just wanted Billy to be by my side like he usually was, but there was also a part of me that wanted him to be gone. Forever. I pull my sheets over me and fall asleep. Hoping that tomorrow will be be better.

-

         Next morning my phones annoying ringing woke me up. I groaned and called out for my mom to get it but she didn't answer me or the phone, she obviously wasn't home. I take in a deep breath and let out a sharp exhale as I got up and sluggishly moped to the phone. I wasn't thinking about who it could be, I just wanted to go back to sleep.

"Hello?" I yawn. "This is the Roberts place."

A relieved sigh comes through the phone.

"Jenna, listen I'm-"

"Billy. Let me stop you right there, I told you I want to be left alone and it's too early for this so please, just leave me ALONE." I shot.

There was a moment of silence for a second, then his voice came through the phone.

"I'm sorry Jenna."

"Don't you have work?"

"Not til later-"

"I think you do." I say then I slam the phone back on the wall. I scoff at his attempt of apologizing again. Frustrated, I turn on my heels to go back to my room but end up in the kitchen instead.

I'll just eat all my problems away, I thought as I opened the fridge. I squint my eyes at the fridge light and then let out a disappointed sigh when I realized there was no food in the fridge or the cabinets.

My mom hasn't been eating here because she's only been home for a couple of hours at a time. She always eats at the hospital or in restaurants close to the hospital. I'm always eating pizza or eating at school.

I thought I could do her a favor by going to the grocery store and maybe get some stuff off my mind by getting out of the house. So I pushed my sadness aside and got ready to go out.