Heather?

- Jenna's Pov -

I woke up as the sun was pouring in through the window. I got up and went through the struggle of moving my door before walking out very quietly.

"Hey honey."

The voice made me jump before I even registered who it was. My mother.

"Oh hey."

She was sitting on the couch, watching tv. The volume was low, very low. I couldn't even hear it when I walked into the living room.

"Can you even hear it?" I grab the remote but she snatches it from my hand.

"You're father is asleep."

I stare at her but she doesn't catch on. Who the hell cares about him. I sure don't. I roll my eyes and walk away into the kitchen. Only a couple minutes later was when the phone rang. I hesitate because what happened the last time I answered the phone.

I decided to walk over anyway. "Hello?"

"Jenna, hey it's Lea, I work with Billy at the pool."

Oh great..

"Oh hey, everything okay..?"

"Yeah, so I know you and Billy are dating or whatever..." dated.. "he was acting a little..well really weird today at work, he ended up disappearing near the end of his shift, along with Heather. Do you know anything about that?"

I felt like I was being interrogated for a murder. But Billy "disappearing" with a girl didn't seem out of place at all to me.

"I don't, but I'll definitely say something to him." I lied. I honestly didn't really understand what was weird for Billy at this point.

"Great, bye." She hangs up before I could even answer.

I set the phone back on the wall and start back to my room. "Everything okay honey? Who was it?"

"Yeah, just one of my friends." I say to her before entering my room. I didn't bother to move the door, it exhausted me just by hearing Billy's name.

Although I couldn't lie and say I wasn't a bit worried about him. He did weird me out last night with the whole window thing and now disappearing at the pool?

What was happening?

-

    The next morning I woke up with a headache. I figured out quickly though that it was because of the weather outside. Nothing but grey clouds covered the sky while it looked like it was about to rain.

I couldn't tell you why, but something urged me to call Billy. I got up, brushed my hair and threw on a plain, blue t-shirt along with Jean shorts and my converse. I just had a feeling he wasn't going to answer.

And I was right. I called twice and no answer each time. Not even an answer from Max or their parents. Odd.

I silently creeped out of the house, making sure to avoid any noisy spots before opening the door and walking out. The air was thick and it smelt like rain. It wasn't so much hot anymore, just humid.

As I walked down the street to his house, I couldn't help but get this weird feeling in my stomach. Again. I just felt like something bad was happening and I wanted to figure out what it was.

When I got there the door was already unlocked. I stepped inside and something just felt off. It felt like someone was already here. I walked back deeper into the house and noticed his bedroom door open, I could hear faint music coming from inside but that wasn't the only thing I heard. It sounded like someone was in there'd scrounging around.