Didn't Think So

- Jenna's Pov -

      I woke up next morning to a knock on the door. When I looked over at my clock it said 8 am so I groaned and threw the covers over my head again. But the knocking wouldn't stop so I let out a sigh before getting up and making my way towards the front door.

Another knock before I opened the door.

"Coming! Why can't people be pat-"

To my surprise, my mom was standing behind the door, right next to my dad.

"Sorry honey, it's hot out here."

My jaw dropped as I looked back and forth between them. I wasn't expecting her so soon, let alone with my father. He shoots me a glare before pushing me aside so they could walk in.

"Your father thought it'd be nice to drive me home, so you wouldn't have to."

I cringe before smiling. "Yeah but..." I gave her a look. Did she really just not care about what happened that night.

She looks at me before facing my dad. "Could you bring my bag in?" She asks him.

He nods and turns to head outside. When he's out of sight I throw my arms out and raise my brows.

"Honey, I promise I didn't forget about anything, but he's apologized and he's promised to change for the better."

"He hurt me mom." I say lowly, crossing my arms.

"Please give him another chance. Just one more. I'm not asking you to forgive him, im asking just for one more chance." She pleaded, grabbing my face in the process.

I stare into her eyes, her begging eyes. She wanted this so bad. Apart of me was so angry because she acted like it wasn't a big deal what he did to me but another part was tired, tired of dealing with the same shit over and over again.

Almost like Billy.

"Okay.." I whispered while she smiled.

"Thank you." She says as he walks in.

Right at that time the phone rings. Saving me from being around the two of them. I insist on answering the phone so I could have literally anything else to do.

"This is Jenna."

"Jenna! Good you're awake."

Carol.

I smile into the phone.

"What's up?"

"Okay, first of all. Have you watched the news recently?" She asks me with a hint of concern in her voice.

"No, what's going on?" I ask her.

"Apparently it wasn't just the mall that lost power, it was all of Hawkins. Isn't that crazy?"

I look up and furrow my brows. "Yeah..that is weird."

"Well anyway, second thing. Wanna go to the pool?"

I scoff into the phone instantly. "Seriously?"

"Yes! And I know what your going to say, so I talked to some people that I knew at the pool and they told me that Billy doesn't have a shift today."

I leaned against the wall and let out a sigh. The more I thought about it, I figured that going to the pool was better than staying in this house for any longer.

"Fine."

"Great! Pick you up at noon?"

I look at the clock on the stove. The time was 10.