Dart

- Jenna's Pov -

     I was currently walking past the middle school when I heard my name get called.

"Jenna!"

It startled me a little bit because of what happened earlier. I was still rattled.

I turn around and see Dustin and Max running towards me, my eyes glance down at Dustins' hands, of course he was holding something.

They finally made it to me and stopped quickly.

"What the hell is that?" I say quietly.

It was a big, squared shaped object with a covering over it, probably a tank. How did he get away with that in school?

He lifts the sheet up and I peek inside. Resting on the ground, was two of those things.

"Dustin!" I whisper-shouted. "Why is there two?"

"Remember the rattling I told you about? After Halloween I went towards the trash can and there he was." Dustin explain, smiling.

Max stood there with her arms crossed. She looked slightly annoyed but she wasn't fazed at all.

"Guess what he named it." She says bluntly.

"Don't even want to know." I sigh out, slightly dropping my shoulders.

"D'Artagnan," He says proudly. "Dart fo-"

"Dart for short yeah she gets it." Max says with a sarcastic grin.

Dustin narrows his eyes at her before looking back at me. "Now I have Damini and Dart." He smiles down at the cage.

How wonderful.

I look around the campus. Nobody was paying attention to us, fortunately.

"Dustin you can't keep bringing that to school, I'm not even sure how you pulled it off today." I say as I covered the tank back up. They were some really ugly creatures.

"Wait, what if they like..." Max mutters. "..mate?"

"Max." I groan before throwing my head back.

"I'm just saying, I mean then there'd be more!" She shouts as she gestures towards the them.

"Wouldn't that just be great?"

Behind Dustin and Max I could see the rest of the group sitting on their bikes trying to get their attention.

"They want you." I say, nodding over to them.

Dustin turns around. "Bye Jenna." He says with his back faced towards me.

"How are you going to bike home with that?" I ask him.

"I'll figure it out!" He shouts as I let out a little chuckle.

I watch Dustin walk to his friends until I realize Max wasn't with him. Then all my focus was on her. She was still standing in front of me, staring at the gravel.