Bestfriends and Boyfriends

- Jenna's Pov -

      "So..you're okay with your mom meeting him?" Carol asks before cutting into her pancake.

It was Saturday and we decided to have breakfast together. I asked her because I needed to ease my mind about tonight.

Carol was my first choice. Nancy was being really distant at the moment so I just decided not to bother her.

"Yes I'm okay with it." I let out a confused laugh as I lifted my drink up.

She shrugs. "I mean it's not a bad thing, it's just.." She mutters as I take a couple sips.

I furrow my eyebrows and put my drink back down. "Just what?" I ask.

"He's Billy," She whispers. "what if he says something like totally out of pocket or like-"

"Oh come on Carol. He won't." I roll my eyes and lean back against the booth.

Carols holds her arms up in defense. "I'm just saying." She raises her brows. "Billy has no filter."

"Yes he does."

I knew that was a lie and she knew that was a lie.

"You're just defending him now." She mumbles as she picks up her fork.

"He's my boyfriend, what do you want me to do?" I scoff.

She smiles and points her fork at me. "Did you just call him your boyfriend?"

I feel my cheeks go red.

"Yes, why wouldn't I...?" I muttered as I looked down at my plate.

"Never heard you call him that before." She takes another bite, still smiling.

I couldn't help but smile at her.

"Shut up Carol."

"You're like..in love~" She sang as she swirled her hands around me.

I roll my eyes and push her hands back down.

"You're in love with Billy!" She whisper-shouts.

"Carol shut up!" I snapped while looking around the Diner.

"You know I'm right." She chuckles.

"Maybe."

"I'm always right." She continued.

"Whatever. Shut up and eat your pancakes."

She gives me a bratty smile and I roll my eyes once again.

"Shit." She mutters as she looks up at the clock.

"What?"

"I told Tommy I would meet him." She says as she rushes to get up.

She digs around in her purse. It took me a second to realize that she's probably looking for money.