Dad

- Jenna's Pov -

"Wait Billy i'm really freaking out." I say. I was sitting on the edge of his bed putting my socks on.

We were about to leave for my house. After he picked me up from the side of the road we went to his house.

Tonight was the night of the dinner and I could not feel anything, I was numb. It was all because I was nervous. Billy was meeting my mom. What if everything goes wrong.

"I should be the nervous one." He laughs as he looks at himself in the mirror and I slide my shoes in.

I let out a groan before falling back on his bed. He walks over to me and lays next to me.

"We don't have to do this." He tells me as he turns his head to look at me.

I continue to stare at the ceiling and sigh. "No. I want to do this.." I pause, "do you want to do this?"

He doesn't answer at first so I finally look over at him. He was staring at the ceiling now. I wanted to know what he was thinking so bad.

"I love you Jenna and if that means embarrassing myself in front of your mom then it's worth it." He faces me again.

I chuckle before giving him a kiss. "Alright. Let's go then." I jump up off of the bed and make my way towards his bedroom door.

I heard his footsteps right behind me as I exited his bedroom into the hallway.

"Max I'll be back!" He shouts.

Her head pops out of her room. "What do I tell Neil when he comes back?" She asks.

He grunts slightly. "Tell him I'm at a friends house or something."

She nods and looks at me. "Bye Jenna." She smiles.

"Bye Max." I return the smile and give her a slight wave before turning back around.

"Don't do anything stupid." He mutters as I open the door.

"I definitely will!" I hear her shout before Billy shuts the door.

The sun was setting and it was colder than it would've been in the middle of the day. We decided we were going to walk because it was only a couple blocks away.

My outfit was simple. A nice, black dress shirt and my favorite jeans, complemented with my black converse. My hair was down and resting on my shoulders.

Billy had a black button up and a jean jack on. Usually he would have 2 or 3 unbuttoned but he agreed this one time for me. His hair was perfectly curled and he smelt amazing.

After walking for a couple of minutes I could finally see my house. A cold chill ran through my body, I didn't know if that was from the November air or if it was from all of this anxiety.

As we walked up my driveway, I kept telling myself that tonight was going to be fine. Just me, Billy and my mom. It was just gonna be the three of us.

"Ready?" He asks me as he held his hand up to the door.

"Nope." I put on a nervous smile. "Now knock." I told him.

He nodded and gave the door three soft knocks.

The lights were on inside so I knew she was home. I didn't know the exact time but I knew it was around six, which is the time she told us to be there.

We didn't get an answer and the door never opened. That only made my anxiety worse. I waited impatiently behind of Billy and picked at my nails.

He didn't say anything, just knocked again.

This time the door opened. My mother greeted us with a big smile.