Chapter eleven

It came around 6:50 and I was still in the library studying for exams that I have next month. I packed my bags and headed to the cafe and got there at exactly 7:00pm. Pretty good timing if you ask me.

I spotted Paige sat over in the corner and walked over, she was wearing the same outfit as earlier and still looked pretty but I would never admit that out loud. She smiled at me as I took a seat opposite her.

"I didn't think you would show, I know you're always early and for once I was somewhere before you." she said letting out a small giggle as she did so, in which I joined her.

An hour went past and we sat and caught up with each other and she apologised profusely about what happened before. It was nice talking to her but I made it clear we were to only be friends as she knew me and Scarlett were together - she promised to keep the secret as well.

"so , want to go party?" she said as we walked round the corner of the cafe pulling out a bag of what appeared to be either ket or cocaine, i looked at her and then looked at the bag and then back to her "I'll go for a few drinks but not that, i'm sober now, thank you for the offer though." I continued to walk with her to the pub that was around the corner from the university.

It was now nine and the drinks were really starting to kick in - Paige and I headed to the toilet and pushed ourselves into one of the cubicles locking the door behind us. She pulled the bag containing the white powdery substance out of her pocket along with a bank card, she tipped the substance onto the back of her phone and separated it into four lines.

We did what we did and walked back to the bar, ordering more drinks and shots. I don't think I will be going to my classes tomorrow at this rate but oh well - I deserve this.

Another hour passed and we were waiting for the Uber to pick me up. Paige lived on campus so she was going to walk back to hers after waiting for me to get in my uber.

I was praying that Scarlett would be asleep when I got home. It was half ten by the time I reached the lobby and pressed the elevator door, going all the way up to the penthouse floor. I stumbled towards the door and managed to unlock the door. I found my way inside to see no lights on, the TV was playing so I assumed she had waited up for me.

I walked to the living room to see her passed out on the sofa. She looked so peaceful I couldn't wake her up.

The sound of the TV turning off and the sudden silence must have been enough to wake her up. I mumbled out to her "I'm sorry it's late, I-I went out and then one thing led to another and I guess I'm drunk now but I didn't want to wake you." She stood up walking over to me, her eyes a darker shade of green, anger and hurt. "I thought something had happened to you, I sent you messages and left voicemails. Not only am I concerned but you were with your ex. You left me in my classroom with nothing but telling me you were going to see her. And you're drunk y/n. On a school night." She took a deep breath stepping toward me looking me in the eyes "and youre fucking high, are you joking me" she threw her hands up in the air in disbelief and shoved past me going up the stairs.

It was only then that I remembered the promise that I had made to Scarlett and that I should have gone straight home and not slipped into old habits with Paige, old patterns. Maybe we were just reminiscing. Maybe it is just a one off and tomorrow it will be like nothing happened.

I made my way up the stairs of the penthouse overlooking the beautiful city, Paige was in the Large queen size bed with her back to me.

I walked into the bathroom wiping my makeup off, I then walked out of the bathroom over to the wardrobe taking all my clothes off putting them in the washing bin, I took one of Scarletts oversized tops and put it on. Stumbling into the bedroom I see that Scarlett has still not moved.