Chapter twenty one

It's without a doubt that Scarlett noticed my odd behaviour through lunch. Scarlett and Colin spent the duration of the Lunch laughing and joking whereas i spent the duration of the lunch keeping quiet - speaking when spoken too only. We were in the back of one of Scarletts cars. She was speaking to her driver about something that did not have my iterest. I was in my own head - I couldn't stop thinking about the two of them.
Scarletts hand on my thigh brought me out of my thoughts, following "hey, whats going on in that head of yours?"
"what? oh- um nothing I'm just tired." i say moving my leg so her hand fell off, turning myself to stare at the window. Busying myself with the outside world. "oh okay. Well i was thinking we could just stay in tonight seeing as tomorrow is your first full day tomorrow and my first day working on set, How does that sound?" once again she attempts to place her hand on my thigh to gain my attention.
"yeah whatever i don't mind" and once again I move my leg to push her hand of me.

Scarlett didn't speak a word to me the whole elevator ride up to the penthouse. The tension in the air thick. "Did I do something wrong y/n? Becasue if i have I'm sorry but please tell me if i have so i can apologise." she walks into the wardrobe, seconds later coming out to be wearing a matching PJ set. I stay silent, walking down the stairs and to the kitchen. "you can't just ignore me. How am I supposed to know if i have done anything worng!" this time she raises her voice.
I reach into the fridge and pull a beer out. Walking to the island and grabbing the bottle opener. "what so instead of talking to me you're going to drink? Infront of me. Really after what we went through." she walks over to me as im taking a sip and takes it straight out of my hand.

"i need to go work on some things and catch up for tomorrow." as i walked past her i took the bottle back out of her hand and walked into the study. I just needed time to think before I could have this conversation with her. I didn't want to say something to her while I was feeling this way.

Two hours have passed and I've been sat staring at this book, not taking a single word in. A knock on the door brought me out of my thoughtless trance.
Scarlett walked in and peeped her head around the door, "I brought you some food seeing as it's passed dinner time now." as soon as i made eye contact with her i dropped my gaze back down to my book skipping the page. "i'll just leave it on the side for you then darling."
As she's about to walk out of the door she turns back to me and clears her throat "y/n, i really need you to talk to me. I need to understand what i've done so we can talk it through and i can apologise."
I finally meet her eyes again and there is nothing in them but hurt. I can't talk to her without another beer in my hand. I stand up and walk out of the room with Scarlett hot on my trial - I open the fridge up and pop open another beer. "I wasn't ignoring you because I was mad i was ignoring you because i was upset and feeling insecure." she tilted her head to the side and looked at me with a questionning look.
"but you have nothing to feel insecure about darling? you know i love you and you only." she takes a deep breath as she watches me take another sip of my beer and walks up to me and takes it out of my hand placing it on the counter. "stop drinking and talk to me."
I look down at the floor before i speak "Please just tell me i was imagining what was happening between you and Colin." I fiddle with my hands trying to keep myself from crying at the though of Scarlett cheating - or someone wanting to take her away from me - not that i think that Scarlett would cheat.
"y/n, i promise you with my whole heart nothing is happening between me and Colin. Everything we had is in the past, i love you and only you. Never believe that i would never intentionally hurt you and i would never even think about cheating on you, i am wearing your ring i am marrying you. I have never felt this way about someone, i mean i risked my whole career for you back in England." she placed her hand on my chin so that i was looking her in my eyes. "come here" she pulls me into a hug, hands wrapping around my waist.
"I'm sorry Scar. Just after what happened in my past relationship i worry when it comes to people im in a relationship with being close to their ex's. I-I don't mean i think you would but that thought is always at the back of my." I can see the guilt and hurt in her eyes. "I'm sorry i didn't mean to offend you it's just tha-"
She cut me off bringing me into a loving kiss and cupping my cheek with her hand, when she finally pulled away from me she placed a further kiss on my forehead "sweetheart, you do not have to apologise for something that is out of your control. What happened to you in your last relationship will never be hard to move past or forget but i would never do that to you. Like i said before i am wearing your ring on my finger, we are getting married. I am loyal to you and only you."