chapter sixteen

I go back to Uni in two weeks and i am not ready. I didn't want the constantly being around Scarlett to end. In two weeks i have to pretend as though i am just her student and she is just Professor Johansson. It saddens me. It really does.

I was currently sat on the balcony of Scarletts penthouse with a cup of tead and a book 'Impossible' by Sarah Lotz. It is by far one of my favrouties by far.

Scarlett was on the phone in the Kitchen talking to her mother about something, im not to sure. She seemed upset, mad even.

She finally finished her phone call and took a seat next to me on the balcony, looking out on the view. She was a prisoner in her own mind. Deep in thought.

"Babe, whats worrying you?" I said taking her hand in mine. Rubbing my thumb over her the back of her hand.

"I have to leave for a while. Mother wants me back in New York to help produce a new movie." the moment she said that my heart dropped. She has to leave? I should go with her. "Oh.. well how long? And when are you leaving?" the worry in my voice and how scared i was is obvious in my voice.

"I dont know how long, could be six months or longer. I leave tomorrow morning." she said taking a deep sigh and a swig of her whiskey she had in her hand. It's only 12:30 in the afternoon.

"Well let me come with you. I can transfer and finish uni at NYU." she scoffed at my comment and took my hand out of mine placing it on the arm of her chair. "That's the problem, i can't let you come with me. I have to do this on my own. I'm sorry." she said bluntly. Too bluntly.

"Scar it's okay, im sure we can do long distance. I can fly out on weekends and on my breaks. We will get through this, i promise you." she scoffed at me again.

"No we can't y/n. I don't want to do that, it will be too hard. I think we're done, the engagment is off. I'm going to pack my bag now and stay at a hotel tonight. Again, i am sorry." she said standing up. And just like that my heart fell into a million pieces.

"Scarlett, don't do this. We can get through this. We don't have to end i promise. Please i need you, don't leave me." i begged her. Following her up to the bedroom where she was packing her suitcase.

"y/n, we have to be done. I can't do long distance for six months to a year. It is not me." she shouted, walking over too me. Her fists balled in anger.

I flinched.

"Do you really think i would hit you, how long have you known me y/n, are you serious? Don't be so fucking pathetic." I flinched at those familliar words that Paige used to use against me when she would cheat on me. "I'm sorry.." I sobbed.

"Right. Well i'm leaving for Manchester now, I hope we meet again." i sobbed harder. She wasn't acting like the Scarlett I knew. "You can still live here. The rent is covered so your'e basically living here for free." She was acting so cold.

"Why are you acting like this.." i took a deep breath to continue my sentence "your'e not acting like the Scarlett i know, my girlfriend."

She continued walking away from me towards the door. "I have to go know, my driver is downstairs to take me to the hotel in Manchester. I'm boarding my flight tomorrow morning at 7am." and those were the last words she said before the elevator doors closed.

I was left alone. Heartbroken. In her penthouse. All i wanted to do was go to sleep and never wake up.

I phoned Paige, asking her to bring over a few drinks and som other stuff. She agreed. No questions asked.