chapter twelve

We had finally unacked our stuff - I got in a cool shower and washed my body and hair to unwind and relax from the long flight I had just endured. 

I got out of the shower, drying my hair and then styling it into a slick back ponytail. I decided on wearing a red tight fitting dress along with a couple of gold bracelets and gold ear jewellery. I put on black LV heels with a red bottom. I matched my outfit with a black bag with a gold chain put over my shoulder. 

Walking down the stairs I saw Scarlett wearing a Black suit with matching heels to me and a silver arrow necklace around her neck. She looked beautiful. 

"You are ready to go, the car is out front to take us shopping." she said holding her hand out for me to take in which I did. "Yep!" I said way too excitedly, again embarrassing myself but she just giggled to herself. 

Walking out of the elevator towards the car there weren't any people this time thank the lord. 

Fred dropped us off at the 'entrance' of the shopping mall. We stepped out of the car and walked onto the stoned streets of New york. The streets were littered with designer stores and restaurants and cafes. I am in love with New York and I haven't even been here a day. 

"Where do you want to go first?" she said, intertwining our fingers as we started walking through the outdoor shopping area. "Ummm.. let's go to gucci!!"

As soon as we walked in I already knew what I wanted. A new bag. 

I dragged Scarlett over towards the handbags and I saw the most gorgeous bage ever. It was a two colour small cross over rectangular beige and blue bag with a silver chain for the handles. I loved it. 

Was it expensive? Yes, did I care? No. 

I picked the bag up and carried it around the store while Scarlett chose a new pair of jeans out - to be fair I would definitely be borrowing them at some point - they were a pair of 80's fit blue jeans with a horsebit on them. They were gorgeous. 

We walked over to the checkout and the Lady behind the counter scanned my bag and placed it inside a Gucci 'carrier bag' before I could get my card out to pay Scarlett had swiped her card and paid. 

"You didn't have to do that, I can pay for myself." I said scolding her. "Let me treat you darling." Is she joking? She constantly spoils me. 

"Scarlett, you are constantly buying me things and spoiling me. But thank you, I love you" I leant up and kissed her on the cheek and leaned my head on her shoulder while the woman scanned her jeans and packed them into a bag. 

Returning the favour I swiped my card paying for her jeans, which just gained a chuckle from Scarlett. "You think you're funny don't you?" I nodded my head as we walked out the store carrying our bags. 

As we walked out the door there were people outside taking photos and asking questions. 

My anxiety skyrocketed. Scarlett seemed to notice this and took my hand in hers and walked straight past them - totally ignoring them. 

After a while they seemed to lose interest in the fact that Scarlett wasn't paying any attention which allowed me to ease off a little bit. 

- - - - - 

After a couple more stores and Scarlett insisting on buying me more things we chose a little food place on the side of the street. 

We ordered two sandwiches and cokes. 

"I don't get how you're so used to seeing all those people and them constantly wanting to take photos and talk to you. It's so overwhelming." I said in one long breath.