chapter twenty

I finally caught up to Scarlett as we reached the doors to the coat room grabbing onto her wrist to turn her around to face me. "Scarlett please let's go home and talk about this. I don't want to argue. I'm sorry, okay?" she turned around to fully face me looking up at me from teary eyes. We stood there staring at each other. "please Scarlett.. Let's go home and talk about this." she looked up at me, tears rolling down her cheeks still. I placed my hands either side of her face gently wiping away the tears streaming down her face. "fine." I smiled softly at her and placed a kissed her on her forhead.
"lets get going then darling. But you need to hold my hand.. to help you know?" I asked looking anywhere but in those beautiful green eyes of hers.
"yeah. Ok." she took my hand and we walked out of the club. Lights flashing, voices screaming for Scarlett. The car was a few more metres infront of us but my brain was going fuzzy, voices fading and legs going like jelly. It was really starting to kick in now but it felt different this time.
I made it to the car. eyes feeling one thousand times bigger, eyes rolling back as i sat down in the seat. everything went blury and quiet, all i could hear was Scarlett re peating my name as the car drive on "Y/n! Open youre freaking eyes right now." she repeatedley screamed before telling the driver to go to the hospital.
I knew i wasn't dying, it felt like i was but i knew it was just a bad trip and that it would fade in an hour or two. "Scarlett, please I-i'm fine. It's just a bad trip." i mumbled. Loud enough for her to hear.
"no, we're going to the hospital. We are nearly there. Five minutes at max it will be okay."
I listened to her repeatedley reasurring me. Leaning into her touch.
The car came to a hault and the door opened, multiple doctors stood there with a hospital bed. Scarlett helped pull me onto the bed before she was pulled away and an oxygen mask was attatched to my face alongside ECG stickers and cables all around me, one for my blood pressure another for my heart rate. "Hi Miss y/l/n, I'm doctor Grey. We're going to run a few tests to find out whats wrong. Can you tell me what you have taken tonight so we have some insight." The doctor stated, bluntly, whislt hovering over me.
"I don't know what it was. Can someone just get me my fiance i want to go home. It's a bad trip nothing more." i tried pulling the wires off of me and the mask of my face. "please Miss y/l/n, stay still your fiance is just outside waiting until we have this under control. We need to start you on an IV as we are worried that whatever you took is having a bad affect on you and that there is a possibility of an ovedose." i layed back down on the bed and let a sigh esape me.
"it's just a bad trip but okay."
fifteen minutes later Scarlett was walking through the door of my hospital. "hey darling. I've been asking to see you for a while now." she sat herself down next to me in the chair holding my hand, giving it a little squeeze.
"look y/n they said you were on a verge of an overdose. You didn't take cocaine, it was ketamine. It wasn't even pure it had traces of other class A drugs. Tehy suggested some rehab centres here in New York for you, or you can start attending NA meetings. It is completley up to you my live just please get some help."
I couldn't go to rehab, i start my second year of university in a couple of days. I will miss way to much work learning. But i also know that i don't need the help. This was just a slip up.
"Scar, i don't need help tru-"
She cut me off "don't give me that bullshit y/n. You either get help with this or we are done and you move back to England. So which is it, drugs or me?" That's all she needed to say for me to change my mind. If it comes down to picking between her and anyone else i am chosing her. Everytime.
"Okay. I'll go to the meetings. Whatever i have to do to not loose you. I promise you Scarlett i will go to them."
She looked up at me piercing green eyes gazing into mine with tear stained cheeks and a wide smile. "okay good. The doctor said you can be out of here within the hour"
I let out a sigh before speaking "Scar, i am really sorry. I know I'm not the girl you fell in love with, but i promise you i am really going to get help this time and that i will try my hardest. I promise." once again i looked into her beautiful green eyes to see hers tearing.
"do you remember the first day we ever met?" she said taking a seat on my bed lying next to me.
"yes, of course. Why?" I was confused by her suddon question on why she is asking about the first time we met.
" from the first moment I knew that us being together wasn't going to be easy. I knew who I was falling in love with. I know you y/n and i know that things will get better for you and for us. I am going to be by your side through all of this and forever. I promise you that."

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
I woke up the next morning to Scarletts arm wrapped tightly around my waist and her head tucked into the crook of my neck snoring gently. I grabbed my phone off of the bedside table and checked the time - 7:45 am - i had to be at my new university for my induction at 9 and Scarlett had her meeting about the movie she is helping to direct at 9:30.
I got out of bed making sure not to wake Scarlett up and hoped in the shower washing myself, i then continued to do my skincare and put on a pair of light blue straight leg jeans and a white wool tutrleneck tucked into my jeans and a black faux leather puffer jacket over the top and some rings to go with it. I walked on through to the bedroom to see Scarlett getting out of bed, wearing my hoodie.
"good morning beautiful. Sleep well?" she asked giving me a soft kiss before walking past me to turn the shower on.
"yeah I slept good, amazing actually. I do have to leave though Scar i have to go to my new uni before our lunch with your friends so I'll message you and then see you at one." I poked my head around the corner to see her getting undressed before getting in the shower "come give me a kiss so I can leave darling."
She pulled me close to her tangling her hands in my long hair while my hands rested on her waist, her taking immediate control over me. "I love you, now go I'll see you in a few hours."
I walked away from her and toward the fron door shouting back that i love her too. I hopped straight on the subway and headded to NYU. The induction went by quickly, I made a few friends and added them on social media.
--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Wlking up towards the resturant i saw hoards of poeple with cameras shouting meaning that my beautiful fiance has arrived. I waited for her by the door and as soon as she saw me her smile widened - a real smile, not the fake one that she gives to the paperazzi, She came over to me and gave me a quick kiss on the lips before grabbing my hand and taking me inside the resturant.
"are you ready for this? it's not to late to say you don't want to do this." Scar whsipered in my ear, feeling how nervous i am.
"no i want to do this, and plus im excited to see Lizzie again and Brie."
As we walked into the resturant to see a table full of Scarletts friends. I instantly spotted lizzie who jumped up from her seat to come and hug me. "I missed you so much and it hasn't even been a full day yet!" she squealed as i sat down next to her.
"i missed you too. I promise we will go out again soon."
As i looked around to find Scarlett she was hugging a man who i didn't recognise until I saw his face. I stood up again walking to where they were stood and snaked my arm around Scarletts waist. "Hi, I'm y/n. And you are?" I asked despite knowing exactly who he is.
"I'm Colin." He replied.