07 : FRESH START

this chp is short srrry srry

Jisung and his friends are in the club room, cleaning up the mess

Jisung and his friends are in the club room, cleaning up the mess. It's a bit cleaner than it was last time, still, it needs a little bit more time. Maybe in a week, they'll have it done. 

"This is such a pain," Seungmin states, breaking the silence. He's really not looking forward to doing this after school, especially if they assigned him a lot of homework. 

"Look on the bright side. We have other members to help." Felix tells him. 

"Where are they anyway?" Seungmin hisses, annoyed and irritated. He think it's not fair they're doing everything while the others are doing whatever they're doing. 

Jisung doesn't interfere in their conversation. Not wanting to remember what type of interaction he had with Minho so far. He stays quiet and does his job.

The doors slide open and Minho's friends come inside with drinks. Seungmin's eyes widen, as so do Felix's. Jisung tries not to react. 

"Sorry we're late. Enjoo wanted to bring some drinks just in case we get tired." Hyunjin is the one who speaks. 

Seungmin smiles. "This is awesome! I don't care if you ever come late with this." Seungmin gushes, grabbing a drink and sipping it instantly. 

Felix looks at Seungmin, ready to tease him. "That's not what you sounded like earlier."

"Yeah, that was before I knew they were going to bring this." Seungmin declared. 

Felix rolls his eyes, playfully. At least he's found some motivation now. Felix grabs a drink himself and thanks the group. 

"Han, you don't want one?" Enjoo asks him, a little disappointed. 

Han looks over, "Yeah, I'll get one after. Thanks." He goes back to piling up the books on the shelf, re-organizing them. 

Minho doesn't say anything as he stares at Jisung's back. He doesn't do anything but turn to help Enjoo with something else. He assumes Jisung doesn't want any company. 

When cleaning the room Minho notices how there is some types of plastic containers that don't seem to go inside, they're covered in dust and paint. It looks like they go to the gardening club. Minho really doesn't want to ask for help but there are two and he doesn't want to go back and forth, that'll be a pain. 

"Hey, uh, can someone help me with these?" Minho finally speaks up, trying not to show his embarrassment. 

Felix smiles, "sure. Jisung go help him." Felix orders. 

Jisung flinches, "help...him?" 

"Yes, now go." Felix demanded, not caring if Jisung didn't want to. 

Jisung can't really say anything since Felix is the one in charge of the club and he's basically the leader so he has no choice but to follow his order. Jisung can just tell him he's the older one here but then again, Felix is in charge. 

Jisung grabs the other container and follows Minho out the door. He's not really bothered, knowing he could just run away from Minho afterwards. But Minho probably wants to "chit-chat" with him. He just sure as hell hopes Minho isn't planning on teasing him for getting flustered over one seductive look. 

They're out the door before Jisung knows. Jisung cuts to the chase, "what do you want, loser?" 

"Excuse me? Loser? I think you need to get your eyes checked." Minho remarks, flashy. Jisung scoffs. He really didn't plan on telling him that, but, serisouy? Minho has everything he can, and him? Well, he has trouble talking to girls. Gets flustered easily. Jisung is definitely unlucky, at least that's what he thinks. 

"Okay, but, speaking the truth...Can we just not be enemies? Like, we're in the same club at the end of the day. Why not just get along?" Minho says, keeping his eyes ahead of him. Jisung doesn't know what to say. He doesn't know if Minho actually means it or if he's just teasing him. Minho sounds like he doesn't really care, and two, he sounds like he truly means. Everything he just said doesn't sound like him.

"Are you ten percent serious or what?" Jisung decides on that. It seems like a perfect reply. It's not an answer, it's a question of course. But when you don't know your answer, why not just add another question?

"I'm one hundred percent serious!" Minho screeches, annoyed. "Maybe, this was a bad idea after all. You know what? I think we should just be rivals—"

"No! No! I-I got it now. We can start all over again, alright?" Jisung says before Minho could even give up on his choice. "It's gonna be a pain if we're gonna be rivals."

"I guess there's no arguing with that." Minho agrees, somehow feeling relief he wasn't rejected by his own opinion. He doesn't know why he felt so nervous back there. There was nothing to be nervous about, especially if hes the popular boy. Popular boys don't get nervous.  

They gave the containers to the garden club and walked back to the club in silence. "Hey! Why is so awkward all of a sudden?! I thought we were supposed to be communicating with each other??" Jisung breaks the tense silence. Guess it was really eating him up. 

"Well, why aren't you talking?!" Minho argues back. 

"No. Why aren't you talking? After all, you're the one who suggested this." 

"Well, I'm not always the one to strike up a conversation! Now, you talk." Minho grumbled, his expression really said I-won't-talk-till-you-talk, so Jisung strikes the conversation if this isn't a conversation already.

"Fine. What do you like to eat, Lee Minho?!" Jisung says his name is more aggressive than it's supposed to be. 

Minho's eyebrows crook up, "what the hell is that question?" Minho retorts, angrily but still confused. He doesn't know what to think of this situation. 

"I'm serious!" Jisung declared, irritated. Well, this wasn't how their "fresh start" was supposed to be. If it ever really was a plan.