13 : LUNCH BREAK

Minho is actually panicking

Minho is actually panicking. He's running. He's embarrassed. He's so done for. He knows now everyone will look for him everywhere. If it wasn't so easy to at least walk around without worrying about being chased, now he'll actually be chased. And how long will it take until things die down? Why did he have to blurt that out?! Why did he say that?? And why was his heart beating when he said that to Jisung?! His heart isn't supposed to do that!!?

"Ugh, stupid heart!" Minho cusses out. He's walking down the stairs when somebody suddenly goes up to him. 

"Hey, Minho-sunbae, so you're into someone? Who's the lucky girl?" A random student asks, talking to Minho as if they've known each other for years now. Minho tries not to give a weird look at the random approach. 

"Who said that?" Minho wonders. 

"Everyone knows," the boy answers back, "see," he says, showing Minho his phone screen and it shows a text message quoting exactly what he just said in the classroom. 

Ugh! Damn it! It's too late. 

Minho sighs, "news travels fast, huh." 

"Huh?" 

Minho shakes his head and pats the guys shoulder. "See ya later," he says and bids away. Then sound of music makes everyone scramble to their classes. Minho sighs and turns around to go back his classroom where he had just run away from. 

He doesn't want to go back. Too embarrassed to face Jisung now. And now he has to find a way to keep his crush a secret. Enjoo a secret. Right, Enjoo. His crush. His crush! Why would he panic over Jisung? It's not like...he has a crush on him...No, he doesn't. He doesn't. He just finds him interesting cause he's weird and...weird! That's all there is to his actions. Right, he doesn't like Jisung. He likes Enjoo. 

Minho takes in a deep breath before he slides the door open to enter the classroom. Everyone's eyes immediately go to the door. Minho puts on a smile despite feeling jittery. "Hello," he greets, managing to keep his voice from cracking. 

He doesn't know why he feels so nervous now. 

"You're late," the teacher states. 

Minho nods his head as he walks to his seat. "My bad," he mumbles. 

"Don't let it happen again," the teacher ends it with that, and then he goes back to the lesson. But everyone starts whispering again and looking back at Minho. Minho only gives them a smile and a small wave, everyone turns around then. 

Jisung eyes stay on the back of Minho's figure, he can't forget how flustered Minho looked minutes ago. Minho turns around to face Jisung. Jisung flinches when their eyes meet. 

"I'm sorry," Minho whispers. Even though he's apologizing his face looks bitter, like he just ate something sour. 

Jisung's eyebrows furrowed. "What?" And then the teacher calls out for Minho to look up the front and he turns around, leaving a puzzled Jisung. 

🎬🎬🎬

At lunch, Minho is being followed around everywhere he goes. Everyone is asking questions around his table. Hyunjin and Enjoo are sitting with him at lunch but then instantly regret it when a group of people approach them, perks of being popular, I guess. 

Minho looks up from his lunch to see the group. "Uh, hi?" Minho says, already annoyed at the presence of everyone.

"Hey, Sunbae, I heard you like someone?" The center one says first, he takes a seat beside Minho (seating: minho - enjoo - hyunjin). 

Minho wonders if he should really answer his question. What if he just lies about it? It'd be easier and he wouldn't have to worry about answering all their questions. But then, what is he wants? He wants to confess to Enjoo. He has a crush, and he obviously wants her to know, this is just the thing he needs. If he wants to ask Enjoo out, he has to do it now before Hyunjin decides to confess first. 

Minho smiles. "Yeah, I do," he beams. 

Hyunjin drops his chopsticks by surprise and looks at his best frind with a disgusted face. "Seriously," Hyunjin mumbles to himself. 

"Did you say something, Hyunjin-oppa?" Enjoo points out. 

Hyunjin looks at Enjoo and smiles. "Nothing," he lies. And he averts his gaze, locking eyes with Minho. Minho stares at him suspiciously. 

"Woah, serisouly??" One of the girls says, taking a seat in front of him. "Who is it?" She adds. 

"Do we know her?" 

"Is she pretty?"

"Does she go to the same school as us?" 

"How long have you known for?" 

"Does she like you back?" 

So many questions coming from so many different people but Minho only catches one. 

Is she pretty?

Minho smiles at the question. He glances to his side, smiling softly at Enjoo. "She's pretty," Minho states. Enjoo blushes and looks away, ducking her head down so her hair hides her face. No one seems to have noticed that moment, probably wondering if Enjoo knows.

"Oh, does Enjoo know?" 

"Enjoo, who's the girl?" 

The questions just keep piling up, and Hyunjin begins to get tired. He springs up from his seat. "Aish! Can't you all just go away??! Your all seriously annoying!" Hyunjin snaps. "Go away," he finishes off, and goes back to trying to eat his food peacefully. 

Everyone gives a nasty look towards Hyunjin, but Hyunjin ignores them all. "We'll talk later," Minho reassures, "bye," he waves his hand as if trying to flee them away. They all do, Minho groans out in annoyance. 

"Why am I so popular~?" Minho whines. 

"Cause you look like an idol," Hyunjin states. "If you don't like it why not transfer?" 

Minho lets out a stiff laugh. "Hah! I'll just get more famous and liked by! I might as well just become an idol." 

"You should," Hyunjin deadpans. 

"Nah, you're just trying to get rid of me," Minho points out. 

Hyunjin crackles up. "Of course! You draw attention!" 

Minho frowns, and then looks at Enjoo who's still hiding her face. "Hey, Eunjoo, do you wanna get rid of me?" Minho asks, lifting her hair up so he could see her face. Enjoo blushes even more at the sudden affection. 

"N-no," Enjoo chokes out, she takes a deep breath and finally looks up. 

"Ah, there's that gorgeous face I missed!" Minho cheers. 

Hyunjin scoffs. "I missed it more." 

"Haha, you're so funny Hyunjin!" 

"I wasn't trying to be," Hyunjin mumbles and looks away with his arm crossed now. He looks around the cafeterria, he spots Jisung watching them. Frown in his face, Hyunjin's eyebrows furrowed. 

He's looking at Minho...