17.

Derek didn't regret telling Evan about him being a werewolf...other than two things.

One, it made Evan more in danger of his Uncle Peter. Peter always did hate humans knowing about 'things they had no business meddling in'. But at the same time...he could teach Evan to defend himself, what would make a werewolf weak.

Two, Evan hadn't shut up about seeing Derek as a wolf.

Derek had shown glimpses. Too long and dark nails digging into Evans thighs while they made out, too long canines when play fighting with Evan and yellow eyes whenever Evan would teasingly flirt.

But Evan wanted to see him as a wolf.

"No" Derek said again, casual as they walked through the forest. A warm fall afternoon, "Bad idea Evan"

"Pleaaaaaase!?" Evan begged, "we're in the forest! It's been like two months since you've told me you're Team Jacob which means two full moons and you haven't shown me!"

"Because it's dangerous for you Evan" Derek said firmly, looking at him and Evan huffed,

"I don't see how!"

Derek frowned, "My Uncle for one..."

"I doubt he's stalking you all the time constantly"

Derek doubted that. But he sighed,

"If I turn, we're going closer to the lake"

Evan perked at that, grabbing Derek's hand and dragging him off to the lake quickly.

Derek just let Evan drag him, smiling softly as he watched him, listened to him yammer on about how he bet Derek was fluffy.

They got to the lake. Derek was tempted to call it off out of nerves but upon seeing Evan turn to look at him with the most excited expression ever?

He sighed.

"Alright...turn around"

Evan nodded, doing as told and Derek squeezed his eyes shut as he turned.

He may have been used to it, but it still didn't suck any less.

"Can I turn around now?" Evan asked and Derek let out a snort of approval. Evan turning and gasping, eyes going wide which made Derek's nerves prickle.

That was until Evan smiled again, kneeling and offering a hand to Derek,

"You're so fluffy!!"

Derek bitch faced but nuzzled against Evan's hand, licking at his face which made Evan laugh and ruffle Derek's fur.

Derek's tail started to wag, placing his paws on Evans thighs and licking at his face more which made him laugh, burying his face into Derek's thick fur.

"Dunno why're you're worried..." Evan said softly, "I like you a lot...this ain't gonna change that"

Derek awoo'd softly, placing a paw on Evan's shoulder and Evan placed a hand on what would have been Derek's shoulder with a wide grin.

Derek thought his smile was the envy of Gods.

"...Okay but can I play fetch with you?"

Derek bitch faced, placing the paw over Evan's mouth instead which made him give a muffled laugh.

~!~!~!~

"Gross" Peter grumbled as he listened to his nephew and the mate.

God it was rather disgusting. Cute in a way he supposed but he didn't need to hear how...lovey they were.

Peter frowned. He supposed he wouldn't mind this much if the human was...well...not a human.

He slowly grinned, pushing himself off a tree and heading back to his temporary home with a hum.

His nephew would thank him later after all.