8.

They ended up at some restaurant which Derek didn't know about but Evan said was good. The two leaving the car and heading inside where they were seated. 

"So...question" Evan said, taking off his jacket, "why'd you come here of all places?" 

Derek hesitated. He was sure that Evan wouldn't exactly appreciate being told that he'd moved here because of his crazy uncle who wanted him dead and they were also werewolves so he came up with a little white lie. 

"Just y'know...change of scenery" Derek said and instantly wanted to facepalm when he saw Evan's disbelieving look but thank his stars Evan didn't ask questions. 

"Right yea...you said you live with your friend and his kids?" 

"Raif, Yosef and Wally yea" Derek said, starting to build a little castle out of coffee creamers. Evan watched him and giggled a bit, 

"Well they sound nice..." 

Derek smiled a bit and started to tell Evan about the two kids and how they were practically glued at the hip. They'd even started to beg Raif and Derek for a bunk bed. 

They talked more than they actually ate, Evan nibbling on his fries and burger while Derek hardly touched his food.  

After they finally finished, they left and got back into Derek's car, 

"So...where do you wanna go?" 

Evan hummed, "Mine? We can watch a movie" 

"Sure" Derek nodded and drove off to Evan's apartment. 

~!~!~!~

Evan leaned against Derek as he watched the movie. Some shit they'd found called The Maze Runner. The lead actor looked like Evan and Derek hadn't stopped teasing him about it until Evan chucked a handful of popcorn at him. 

Derek was warm. He was warm and comfortable and Evan felt his eyes slipping shut. Yawning and clinging onto Derek before he allowed his eyes to finally fall shut. He felt safe with Derek. He somehow knew that Derek wouldn't hurt him and it would cause him great pain to do so. 

And so Evan fell asleep against Derek. Hardly noticing that Derek had fallen asleep as well, the movie still playing on the TV and casting them in a soft glow.