Questions

A/N - you may recognise some more scenes from the movie montage, and the order I've used them in here is deliberate to better fit the narrative, so please don't be upset with me for not exactly matching the movie, okay?

The couple of weeks after our little experiment are pretty great. There's a particularly memorable day when Elle and I are making the most of our free period together in a deserted hallway at school, when I spot the chemistry teacher leaving the lab, the door not quite closing behind her. Once she's out of sight, I pull Elle after me into the empty room, and lock the door behind us. Kissing her, I lift her onto the desks and climb up between her legs.

"Seriously? In here? Noah!" Elle giggles incredulously.

"Yep, here. But we need to be quick and you're gonna have to be quiet," I smirk.

We made it work. Another first for both of us. Even after what I told her about my reputation not exactly being accurate, I've noticed that Elle's still a little bit obsessed with firsts. As in, if I admit to her that something we do is the first time I've ever done that thing, she's just a bit happier about it than she would be otherwise. Smug, even. So now I make sure to tell her when that's the case. First time having sex on school property - check.

In fairness, that might be the only time we have sex on school property, after Elle informs me there's a security camera in the lab. Of course, she only tells me that after she gets detention for creating a stink bomb in said lab so she could get sent to the principal's office to steal the recording from the camera... Have I mentioned Lee and Elle's schemes before?

I guess this was just an Elle scheme, though, since Lee still has no idea what's going on between Elle and I. He's so caught up with Rachel, he barely has any time for Elle anymore, which is both good and bad. Good because Elle's still not sure about how to break the news to him, and bad because I know she's missing him. I also know there's nothing I can do about it really, but I'm trying to make up for his absence as much as I can.

"Are you sure you don't want me to get in a fight so I can get detention with you?" I ask again.

"What?" Elle snorts. "Just randomly go and punch someone in front of a teacher to get detention?"

"No, not randomly...I'm sure someone has done something worth punching them for. Like Warren, for example. I'm sure he's been a douche to another girl by now."

"Unbelievable," Elle shakes her head. "You'd really do that just to sit next to me in detention?"

"Well, I mean, we could pass each other dirty notes too," I smirk. "Plus, I could drive you home afterwards. But I promised you I wouldn't fight... sooo...it's up to you."

"No," Elle sighs. "I am not giving you permission to get into a fight just so you can keep me company in detention."

"Hey, I was only kidding. Kinda."

"I know. And thanks, I appreciate the thought."

"I'm sure I could figure out another way to get into trouble. I do sort of feel responsible for what led to you getting detention in the first place, you know?"

"Hey! That was on both of us. I could have said no. I was a willing participant," she grins.

"Come on, Shelly, you know you find me irresistible," I tease.

"Ugh! Shut up," she laughs, pushing at my chest before I grab her hands, lacing our fingers together.

"Okay, well, if you won't let me get detention on Monday, I could still drive you home afterwards if you wanted?"