Misses

"Elle, you're going to be fine. You've got this. And I'm right here, okay?"

"Okay, but like, don't distract me," Elle pleads.

"Hey, I promise, I won't distract you. You can do this. Just take it slow. Easy around the corners, like last time."

"Okay."

Elle readies herself and then we're off, me as her passenger on the bike. We've been going on longer and longer rides this week, getting her confidence up, but this will be the longest by far. We're heading back home for lunch with our families, something we haven't done since going to stay at the beach house. So, it's the perfect opportunity for Elle to get some extra time on the bike, and for me to make sure she's competent in the highway traffic before I leave in a couple of weeks.

Lunch is going to be a little weird, I suspect. We haven't seen much of our parents these past few weeks and the conversation might be a little awkward. But concentrating on Elle's driving is a good way to avoid thinking too hard about that for now. At least lunch is at the usual restaurant, and we'll be able to make a quick getaway if needed. We hit some traffic, but Elle copes just fine, and we even arrive a little early thanks to us leaving plenty of time to get there.

"I did it!" Elle grins as she kills the engine.

"Of course you did, Shelly. You're a natural. Plus, you know, you had a great teacher," I smirk.

"Shut up," Elle laughs, taking off her helmet and shaking out her hair.

Damn if she doesn't look hot doing that, in her leather jacket, her top riding up a little to expose a band of skin above her jeans. I'm still sitting on my motorcycle as I pull her to me by the lapels of her jacket, crashing my lips against hers. One of my hands snakes around her lower back under the jacket, the other holding her face. Elle's hands find their usual spots, one curled at my shoulder, one on my cheek. We don't come up for air until someone clears their throat nearby.

"You do know our parents will be here any minute, right? You might want to switch it to PG mode?"

Elle untangles herself from me, red-faced and giggling, as I flip Lee the bird.

"How come you're here early, anyway?" Elle asks him.

Lee shrugs. "I went to see Rachel this morning, but I had to leave when she and her family went to go see her grandma. No point going home first, so here I am."

"Everything cool with you two?" I ask, as Elle pulls Lee into a quick hug.

"Yeah, we're good," he grins over Elle's head.

Elle draws back and looks at his face, pinching one of his cheeks. "Aww, you're so cute when you're in love."

Lee sticks out his tongue and threads his arm through Elle's as they turn to walk towards the restaurant. "Better cute than disgusting like you guys."

I flip Lee off for the second time today as I trail behind them.

We've only been seated for a few minutes when my parents, Mike, and Brad arrive. Mom spots us immediately and rushes over, a big smile on her face. I stand up to meet her hug before she moves on to Elle. Dad's next, his hand landing on my shoulder. "You look good, son. The beach agrees with you."

Yeah Dad, I think, as I smile and nod in reply. It's the beach, and not the fact that Elle's there with me. The face that appears next makes me want to banish all thoughts of Elle from my mind, though. Mike gives me a wary smile, holding out his hand for me to shake.

"Noah."

"Mr Evans," I reply quietly, shaking his hand firmly, doing my best to look him in the eye respectfully, definitely not thinking about his daughter and all the times I've seen her naked over the last few weeks. Or even the last few days.