Clinks

A/N: If you've been reading my other stories, you'll know I've been away on holiday for a few weeks, which is why  it's been so long between updates. We're back to normal programming now, though, so I hope you enjoy this little chapter with Noah. Jo xx

Another week down, I think, trudging through the snow back to my dorm. It's deeper than it was when I walked across campus to my last class, and it's still falling steadily now, dusting me and everything else in white. I guess it could be worse, though. It could be slush. That would definitely be worse. 

Shaking off that cheery thought along with the snow, I stomp my boots on the steps outside the big double doors to my building, and press my I.D. card to the reader on the side. The red light turns green and I hear the click as it unlocks. Not wasting any time, I push the door open, the warmth inside the foyer a fucking relief.

Don't get me wrong, I love Cambridge, but after growing up in LA, the winter here seems to be never-ending. It was only a few weeks ago that I was lying poolside at home in the sunshine. Yeah, being back in California for the break was a tease, but at least I'm not ghostly pale like my roommates who are all east coasters. Shedding my coat, I jog up the stairs to my floor and walk down the hall.

The door to the suite is unlocked, the guys all sprawled in the communal living room, looking bored.

"Hey, losers," I smirk, hanging up my coat and pulling the beanie from my head. "Why the long faces?"

"Ugh," Steve groans, holding up his phone and tapping the screen. "More snow forecast across the weekend."

"This blows," Eli mutters, leaning his head back against the sofa, kicking his leg out in frustration.

"Uh huh," Blaine nods sourly.

"Well, aren't you guys just rays of fucking sunshine?" I half-chuckle. "Aren't you supposed to be used to this shit?"

"I guess," Steve shrugs. "Just seems like it's never gonna be spring, though."

Well now, there's a feeling I'm familiar with. My chest squeezes at the thought of maybe seeing Elle over spring break, and I mentally tally the days between now and then. The number makes me sigh. Yeah, it's too far away to get excited about yet, and my expression starts to mirror my roommate's. We really are a bunch of sad-sacks.

"Screw this," I mumble, stomping my way over to my room and tossing my backpack through the door onto my bed. "We need a distraction," I announce, turning back to face them.

Blaine quirks an eyebrow at me. "Oh, yeah? Got any bright ideas?"

A thought springs to mind, bringing my smirk back with it as I lean against the doorway, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, I think I might."

Pulling my phone out of the back pocket of my jeans, I find Chloe's contact and press call. She answers on the third ring and I hear music in the background.

"Hello, hello," she laughs, sounding a little breathless.

"Umm, I'm not interrupting anything, am I?"

Unlikely, since she and her on-again, off-again boyfriend, James, are currently off...again, but hey, you never know.

"Just mine and Emily's end of week dance party."

"Right," I chuckle. "Well, you guys sound like you're in much better spirits than we are over here."

"Aww, you boys sad about the all the snow?" she says with mock sympathy.

"Yeah, it's not pretty. But I think you can help."

"Oh, really? And how's that?"

"We need a distraction. And you, my friend, owe me a favor."