Hers

We're both pretty wiped by the time we get back to my dorm after the game. Lack of sleep plus sunshine, beer and, in Elle's case, a post sugar rush crash, combine to leave us craving a nap.

"Movie?" I suggest, yawning.

"Yeah," Elle smiles drowsily as she climbs onto my bed.

I prop my laptop up and pick something at random, both of us realizing we probably won't last even halfway through it. Elle snuggles in against my side and I try to stay awake as long as I can, just so I can enjoy being here with her a little longer, burn it into my memory. But it's a fool's errand. My eyelids start to droop and my blinks last longer and longer each time, until my eyes simply stay closed. My whole body is heavy and perfectly content, Elle's presence a soft warmth that seeps into my bones.

I'm not sure how long I've been asleep when a featherlight touch drags me slowly back towards consciousness. I can feel Elle's fingertips tracing my face, from forehead to cheekbone and down to my jaw. I force my eyes to stay shut, reveling in the feeling.

"I can tell you're awake," she whispers, her breath soft on my face.

Grinning, I reply, eyes squeezed shut. "Nope. Still asleep."

"Liar," she chuckles before pressing her lips to mine.

Elle's leaning over me anyway, so it takes very little effort to pull her over on top of me as we kiss. The sweet softness of it all lasts for quite a while before things start to get more heated. And then Elle's pulling away, looking down at me, breathless, as she shakes her head, grinning wildly.

"We do not have time for this," she giggles.

"Promise I'll be quick," I smirk.

She smacks my chest playfully. "More lies. And also, how romantic."

Reaching up with one hand, I thread my fingers into Elle's hair, toying with the ends. 

"Could be fun," I shrug. "Just like old times, back when we were sneaking around."

My eyes flick up to meet Elle's, and I see the heat there as the memories play in her mind, too. When we first started dating, and we were keeping it a secret from everyone, especially our families, Elle and I didn't get that many chances to be alone together. When we did, we made the most of it, but a lot of our encounters were a bit rushed, both of us scared that we were about to get sprung at any moment. 

It hadn't been ideal, and was definitely frustrating sometimes, but it had also been... kind of hot. The thrill of it all, the added rush of adrenalin from getting away with something. The secret, knowing, looks we would share afterwards when we were surrounded by people who didn't have a clue what we were getting up to. As much as I wish we hadn't kept up the charade as long as we did because of how things ended, I can't regret any of the time Elle and I shared together in our own little bubble.

She's biting her lip now, trying to keep the grin off her face. "Okay," she nods.

I raise an eyebrow. "Okay?"

"Yep, let's do this."

"Now who's the romantic?" I chuckle.

Elle rolls her eyes, "Please."

I know she means it in the sense of, like, 'whatever', but I choose to take it as a request instead.

"Well, since you asked so nicely," I smirk, grabbing her waist and throwing her off me. 

Elle shrieks before covering her mouth with one hand in an effort to stay quiet while I strip her jeans and underwear off her. Being quiet is not a bad idea since my roommates are probably still out in the living area for all I know. More like old times than I thought, laughing inwardly.