Surprises

A/N - lots of stuff from The Beach House book again, from Noah's POV, with a couple of extras just because...

I generally give myself the first couple of weeks at the beach house to be lazy, before getting back into training mode again. Although, this year, there will be no football camp, just a couple of weeks of training and tryouts on campus before the semester starts. I know I'll have to be fit before I get there, but for now, I'm content to sleep in. I mean, swimming and running around on the beach playing volleyball and frisbee count as cardio, right?

I definitely get my heart rate up a few times, most of which Elle is responsible for. She's taken to using me as her own personal flotation device in the surf, which I'm more than okay with since it provides numerous opportunities for roving hands underwater. Then there was yesterday, when she crept into my room in the very early hours of the morning for an encounter that was, by necessity, very quick and very quiet.

This afternoon was probably the most heart-pumping moment, however. After another morning at the beach and lunch back at the house, Mom and Dad had gone out to see some friends and Lee had left to catch up with some of the guys from school who were staying further up the beach. Elle and I finally had the place to ourselves, and we made the most of it, our swim in the pool pretty much turning into skinny-dipping, before moving to the day bed.

We hadn't long finished fooling around when I heard a car pull up out the front. Then it was a mad scramble to find our swimsuits and get dressed before Mom and Dad wandered through the house and out onto the deck. We're both back in the pool by the time they get outside, and I think the fact that Elle's bikini top isn't exactly securely fastened at the back escapes their notice.

I do crack up laughing once they walk down to the beach, however.

"Shut up and help me!" Elle hisses, still holding the strings behind her back where she's leaning against the side of the pool.

"Alright, come here," I chuckle, motioning for her to turn around. "You know, I have more experience taking these things off than putting them on."

"Don't remind me," she says stiffly.

"I meant with you, you dork," I grin, tying the knot securely and turning her around by her shoulders to face me. "Normally you're begging me to take your clothes off, not help put them back on."

"Oh really? Begging you, huh?" Elle's trying to look offended, and failing miserably, her grin showing through.

"Yep," I smirk. "You're all, 'Noah, please' and 'Noah, hurry up'."

"Yeah, well, lucky I am, otherwise your parents might have walked in on a very interesting moment," she giggles.

"Very true," I smile, pulling her against me and lifting her up so she wraps her legs around my waist. I drop my voice a little lower, "For the record, Elle, I'm not complaining. As much as you want me, I can guarantee I want you more."

"More?" she whispers.

"Uh huh," I nod slowly. "Always."

Elle closes the small distance between us, kissing me fiercely, her tongue finding mine. When we finally come up for air, she's grinning wildly.

"Okay, I think we should get out of the pool now. It seems to be a bad influence."

"You go ahead," I say, releasing her and swimming away a little. "I think I need to cool down a little, maybe swim a few laps..."

"You have fun with that," she giggles, wading towards the edge and climbing up the steps. Watching her cute behind isn't helping me, so I dive under the water, heading for the deep end.