Feels

I've started alternating my morning runs between the road and the beach, because I don't want to end up getting shin splints from having to run on a hard surface again when I get to Boston. Today is a road day and it's killing me. The streets back from the beach are hilly, and it's another sunny California day, warm despite the early hour. Sweat is dripping off me, and I've had to start wearing a baseball cap to keep my hair off my face.

Honestly, the long hair is getting fucking annoying and every day I contemplate hacking it off myself. The flip side of that is that Elle loves it and I love how it feels when she runs her fingers through it. I also love it when she tugs on it during certain activities... most of which occur in bed. Great. Now I'm thinking about Elle in bed. I need to shut that down fast before the compression shorts I wear under my gym shorts become uncomfortable.

Breathing deeply, I run through football plays in my head, picturing how the diagrams look on a whiteboard first, then remembering how each one looks on the field. I'm about two thirds through the Country Day playbook when I round the last corner, heading back towards the beach house. There's no traffic on the road, so I cross over and break into an all out sprint for the last hundred or so yards, embracing the pain in my legs and the burn in my lungs.

I walk in circles in the driveway, hands on my head, catching my breath before stretching. Elle's up and making coffee when I wander inside.

"Hey, Shell," I puff, smiling at her as I grab a water.

"Morning, babe," she grins back at me as she stirs sugar into her coffee.

"You're up early," I observe, leaning against the bench opposite her.

Elle shrugs. "Maybe a little. You were gone for ages, though."

"Did you miss me?" I ask, smirking.

"Always. The bed was lonely without you."

Closing the distance between us, I lower my voice a little. "Well, I'm back now..."

Elle's nose wrinkles. "You're very sweaty..."

"Nothing a shower won't fix. Wanna join me?"

"Maybe..."

"Do I need to convince you, Shelly?"

"Maybe..."

Taking that as a yes, I slip off my shoes, then my socks. My t-shirt follows, and I lean towards Elle, placing a hand on the counter either side of her. Dipping my head as if to kiss her, I wait until her eyes close, then veer off, my mouth finding her neck instead. She startles, but the sensation wins out quickly, her body pressing closer to mine.

I lift her up onto the counter and stand between her legs, tracing circles up her thighs while kissing my way across to the other side of her neck, up to her ear.

"Do you need more convincing, Shelly?"

"Maybe," she breathes, her hands running over my shoulders.

Smiling against her skin, I move my hands higher, under her skirt, starting to tease her as I claim her mouth with mine. It's not long before Elle wraps her legs around my waist, grinning at me.

"Okay, you convinced me."

"Excellent," I smirk. "Shower?"

"Mmhmm," she nods, leaning in to kiss me again as I scoop her up and head towards the stairs.

Showering with Elle is always pleasurable, and it's only when the water starts to turn cold that we reluctantly get out and dry off.

After wrapping a towel around herself, Elle turns to face me again. "So...is there anything you want to do today?"