CHAPTER 2

Mornings in village was something that anirudh was enjoying. Getting up to the sound of chirping birds rather than scolding of kaka was his favorite part. Stretching for a while he went inside the house to get his clothes. Bondita was still in her dreamland and anirudh silently got out of the house not wanting to disturb her sleep. From the time they have been staying in village, anirudh let bondita sleep more. In the mean time he took bath and got water for cooking and drinking from the village well. All the ladies were now habitual to see anirudh coming to fetch water instead of bondita and somewhere in their heart they wished if their husbands could also help them like that then how life would have been a bit easy for them. 

Coming back home anirudh didn't find bondita. He thought she might have gone to take bath so he started prepping for breakfast. Bondita came after sometime and started helping him. While making luchies, Bondita looked at her patibabu, he was chopping vegetables and tears were coming out of his eyes all thanks to the onions he was cutting. Bondita kept her hand over her heart to feel her heartbeats but to her disappointment she could feel her heartbeats. She quickly glanced at the mirror kept near to the wall expecting her cheeks to be shaded red but she was again met with disappointment.

After putting the vegetables in the pot, anirudh glanced at bondita only to find her looking at the mirror with a pout. "Kya hua bondita? Koi pareshani hai kya? Aise sheeshe mei kya dekh rhi ho?" he asked her. She got flustered at this sudden question and fumbled a bit "Huh.. nhi nhi patibabu kuch nhi hua. Voh.... voh.. haan voh mei dekh rhi thi ki kya meri bindi sidhi lagi hai ya nhi. Kal kamla kaki ne bola tha mujhe ki bindi sahi nhi lagi meri. Bas vhi dekh rhi thi." Anirudh looked closly at her face and told her her bindi was in place.

While cooking breakfast anirudh thought to meet the krantikari woman and tell her abiout his conditions for working in the mission. He just hoped that she'll agree to it and he'll be able to get money for bondita's school. Serving hot breakfast in two plates he went towards bondita and both of them enjoyed their meal. After finishing the breakfast anirudh grabbed his bag and headed out of house. He was about to put lock on the door when bondita came running and told him not to put lock.

"Bondita tumhari suraksha ke liye hi taala laga rha hu mei. Agar mere peeche se koi ghar mei ghus aaya aur tumhe hani paunchane ki koshish ki toh? Mei iss mamle mei koi bhi risk nhi lena chahta bondita."

"Patibabu kuch nhi hoga mujhe. Gao mei kitne log hai agar kuch hua bhi toh mei zor se awaaz maar ke sabko ikhata kar lungi. Apki bondita aise darti nhi hai kisi se. Please na patibabu taala na lagaiye, dupher mei saari mahilae uss pedh ke neech milti hai aur kafi baatein karti hai ik dusre se. Mujhe bhi jana hai vaha unn ke saath baith kar unki baatein sun ni hai. Toh aap please taala na laga kar jae." Bondita said all this with a puppy face which was hard for anirudh to ignore. 

"Yhi toh mei nhi chahta bondita ki tum un ki baatein suno. Najane kya bata baithe voh log tumhe aur tumhare iss masum se dil aur dimag pe kya asar padh jae uski baato ka" Anirudh thought in his mind. He tried to make bondita understand but failed miserably. In the end he went to court without locking the door but not before giving bondita hundred instructions.

Settling down his work items, Anirudh sat on the chair in hope that at least today he'll get some client. He was a zamindar so people were quite hesitant to approach him as they thought why a zamindar will take their petty case. But one thing they didn't know was that anirudh was a barrister first and he would never decline a case because it was small. Sitting under the scorching sun he was thinking about krantikari woman's proposal when he saw a poor man weeping underneath the tree. Ainrudh approached him and asked him about the reason behind his miseries.

"Babu  humara naam purshotam hai. Humara ik bada bhai hai. Haal hi mei humare pita ji ka dehant ho gya. Uske 2 din baad hi hume pata chala ki humare bhai ne saari zameen apne naam kar li hai. Usne mujhe aur mere parivar ko ghar se nikal diya. Yaha tak ki humei budhi ma ko bhi ghar se nikal jane ko kaha. Babu zameen ka batwara toh 2 barabar hisso mei hona chahiye na, par humare bhai ne saari zameen hi hadap li. Isi liye huma yaha apne pita ji ki yeh wasihat liye ghum rhe hai par koi wakeel humara case nhi ladhna chahta. Humare bhai ke daar se."

"Kaka aap fikar mat kijiye. Mei ik barrister hu. Mei apka case ladh sakta hu agar aap chahte hai toh. Aap bas yeh kagazat mujhe de dijiye mei apke bhai ko notice pauncha dunga."

"Jab koi mere liye nhi ladh rha aap samne se prastav de rhe hai. Hum bhala kyu mana karenge. Yeh lijiye kagazat. Durga ma bhala kare aapka aur apko saari kushiyan de. Vaise babu aapka naam kya hai?"

"Shukriya kaka. Mera naam Anirudh Ro..." Anirudh stopped mid sentence as he knew if he relieved his identity then this man would definately not let him fght his case as how can a zamindar fight for a poor man . Mera naam Anirudh hai kaka. Aap mujhe barrister babu bula sakte hai. Mei jald hi apke bhai ko notice pauncha dunga."

"Shukriya Barrister babu" saying this prurshotam amde his way out of the court premise.

Anirudh was happy. Finally he got one case though the money he would earn from this won't be enough for Bondita's school fee but now he was determined to fight more cases. Biding bye to purshotam kaka he made his way to his table to prepare necessary documents. That was when he saw a letter on his desk.

Barrister Babu,                                                                                                                                                                Aaj mujhe mandir ke peche wali gali mei miliye aur apna nirnay bata dejiye. Mei waha 2 baje aapka intezaar kar rhi hongi. Aasha hai aap sahi nirnay lenge aur desh ki aazadi mei lage krantikario ki madad karenge.  

Anirudh folded the letter and kept it inside his pocket. He looked at time and saw that there was still an hour left for the clock to strike 2. So he started preparing notice. In between his thoughts drifted to bondita and he jjust prayed dugga ma that she should be alright and safe. He got back to his work.

As the clock showed 1:45pm anirudh gathered his things and made his way towards the location where he was supposed to meet krantikari woman. Here bondita was all set to go out and meet village ladies and clear her doubts over pati patni ka khass pyaar.

-x-

Anidita : With you alwaysजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें