CHAPTER 7

Mornings are considered as a new opportunity. It is sign of new hope, a new beginning.  that we can make the most of our day and correct our previous mistakes. Anirudh woke up with the exact same thoughts. He was all set to go for the mission today and was determined to come back safe, for his bondita. He got up from his bed and followed his usual routine. While preparing breakfast he decided to make something special for bondita. Now he was no exceptional cook so making roshogullas were out of the list. He decided to go with something simple yet delicious and ended up making kheer. 

Bondita was greeted with sweet aroma of kheer, as she entered the house after taking bath. 
"Kheer! Patibabu aaj kuch khass hai kya?"

"Nhi bondita, bas mera maan kiya tumhare liye kheer banane ka. Voh kya hai na roshogulle bana ne nhi aate mujhe." anirudh saud with a sheepish grin. "Haan par mei itna khe sakta hu ki yeh kheer bhi kafi swadisht bani hogi. tum khaogi na?"

"Patibabu maana ki bondita ko roshogulle sabse zyada pasand hai, par iska matlab yeh nhi ki voh aapke haath ki banai kheer nhi khaegi. Chaliye ab jaldi se kheer dijiye mujhe."

Both of them settled down to have their breakfast. After having breakfast, bondita asked him for kheer. Gulping the content of bowl, she kept it down with a satisfied and amazed smile on her face. Anirudh was desperately waiting for her reaction as it was the first time he made kheer, so he was not sure how will it turn out. Looking at his expressions she decided to tease him a bit.

"Patibabu yeh aapne aacha nhi kiya." bondita said with a serious expression.

"Kya hua bondita? Kheer aachi nhi bani thi kya? Meri hi galti hai mujhe phele khud taste karni chahiye thi uske baad tunmhe dena chahiye tha. Maaf karna bondita mujhe laga ki aaj tumhare liye kuch special banau par maine sab gadbad kar di." anirudh stated after going from panic to guilt mode.

Bondita wanted to laugh and tease him more but one look at his face and his last sentence made her drop the idea.
"Gadbad, patibabu isse gadbad nhi khete. Yeh toh adhbut hai. Mei toh bol rhi thi ki aapne aacha nhi kiya mujhe na batakar ki aap itni aachi kheer bana lete hai. Agar phele bata dete toh haveli mei bhi aapse hi banwati kheer mei."

"Badmash bondita, tumne toh mujhe dara hi diya. Mujhe laga maine koi galti kar di kheer banane mei."

"Haha patibabu aap kitni chinta karte hai. Main toh bas hairan thi ki kadwa roshogulla itni meethi kheer kasie bana sakta hai." bondita said while giggling.

"Arey yeh maine kafi samay.... ik minute tumne mujhe kadwa bola bondita."a shocked anirudh asked her.

"Roshogulla bhi toh bola, kadwa roshogulla." replied bondita trying to hold her laughter looking at his expressions.

Both looked at each other and start laughing. They cleaned the mess and cleared the place. Anirudh gathered his stuff and got ready to go for his mission.
"Arey patibabu aaj toh ravivaar hai, aaj kaha ja rhe hai aap?"

"Voh bondita... voh voh haan mei ik client se milne ja rha hu. Batya tha na ik naya case mila hai bas ussi silsile mei." anirudh fumbled as it was not easy for him to lie to bondita but he can not even tell her the truth. Bondita nodded and anirudh immediately grabbed his belongings and rushed out of house saving himself from bondita's interogation.

Bondita looked weirdly at anirudh's retreating figure and wonderes what happened suddenly. She turned around and her eyes fell on her books. 'Ohho bondita chal ab jaldi se homework kar lete hai. Pure hafte ka kaam rheta hai, kafi time lag jaega.' bondita thought and made her way towards her books thinking about how completing this work may make her feel the khass pyaar of her patibabu.
While crossing the window she was encountered with strong wind. Something went in her eyes and she started rubbing her eyes due to which she slammed into the small table kept there. Red color kept on table fell down. When her eyes felt better she opened them only to find some red color scattered around her. She got this color to make rangoli, a part of her plan to please her patibabu, but now it was all scattered. She thought to pick up the color fastly and then get back to her homework. 

Bondita started gathering the color at one place and then putting it back in container. Wind was constantly disturbing her because of which some hair stands came in front of her face. She put them back in place using her hands. During this her hands brushed with her cheeks painting them red. When bondita was done putting the color back she stood up and went near window to close it. 
"Arey chotti malkin yeh apke gaal laal kyu hai?" a lady passing by asked, shocking bondita.

"Kya sach mei mere gaal lal hai kaki?" asked a shocked bondita to which the lady nodded her head in approval. The shocking expression was replaced by a huge smile and she started dancing.
"Yay mere gaal lal ho gye. Main apne patibabu se pyaar karti hu." She went near mirror and looked at her cheeks covered in red colored. She got so happy at the sight of it that she started jumping.

While walking anirudh realized that he forgot the small pocket knife that aazadi express has given him. He thought to leave it know as if he goes back bondita might ask him questions, but then if she finds a knife in his pockets what will she think. He decided its better if he goes home and get that knife before bondita spots it. 
Anirudh plan was to sneak into the house, take out the knife and run. So following the plan he opened the door only to find a jumping and giggling bondita. He got confused seeing her like this and forgetting about his sneaking plan he asked her,"Bondita kya kar jhua hai, aise kudh kyu rhi ho?"

Bondita was lost in her lala land and failed to see anirudh entering the house. His voice startled her and she felt that her heart stopped beating for a moment. She kept her hand on her heart and could feel very faint heartbeat before it got back to normal. She got happy that not only her cheeks turned red but her heart also stopped beating for a moment. She definately is in love with her patibabu. She again wanted to jump and dance around but anirudh's voice brought her back.
"Bolo bondita kya hua hai?" asked anirudh. He has seen her jumping and clapping her hands before but since they have started living in this house, he has never seen her this happy. He was curious to know about the reason of her happiness. 

"Voh patibabu kuch nhi hua. Mei bas.. bas aise hi kudh rhi thi." bondita didn't know how to reply to her patibabu's question. "Aap itni jaldi kaise vapis aa gye? Kaam ho bhi gya kya ya aap bina kaam kiye hi aa gye?"
Anirudh realized that his mission sneak and get knife has failed because of his curiosity and now he has to do something quickly and get out of here as he was getting late for mission. 

"Voh bondita mei apna pen bhul gya tha. Ab bina pen ke kaam kaise karunga."
"Rukiye main aapka pen lakar deti hu."bondita made her way towards his bag and was about to open it when anirudh snatched it from her hand. 
"Main le lunga bondita tum kyu takleef le rhi ho." Anirudh quickly picked the knife from bag and put it inside his pocket. "Chalo ab main chalta hu, kafi samay ho gya hai. Sham ko milte hai bondita." and he dashed out of house.

Bondita looked at him and smiled to herself. She thought to tell village ladies about it. She quickly did her chores and made her way towards those ladies again forgetting about her studies.
"Kaki aapko pata hai aaj kya hua. Mere gaal lal ho gye aur dhadkan bhi tham gyi. Iska yhi matlab hua na ki mujhe apne patibabu se pyaar ho gya hai?" Bondita asked while fidgeting her saree
"Arey waah chotti malkin. Mubarak ho aapko" Ladies giggled looking at bondita being all shy.

"Toh ab mei kya karu kaki?"
"Ab aap apne patibabu ko bata dijiye ki aap unse pyaar karti hai. Baki ka apke patibabu dekh lenge." a lady replied while rest giggled

Bondita made her way back home thinking of how to tell her patibabu. She decided to get ready and cook some of his favorite food. Then while having dinner she will tell him. Ishh she was feeling shy.

Here anirudh made his way to the location where they decided to meet. Getting changed into a costume he came out only to be greeted by aazadi express. Nodding at each other they made there way towards the fair. Mission was on.

-x-

Hello everyone,
I hope you liked this part.
Kindly do vote and comment.