CHAPTER 14

Class went well for half an hour. Anirudh was introducing today's topic to them and telling about how it will be useful for them. Everything was going smoothly, bondita was concentrating on whatever he was telling her. She even asked a question which made anirudh happy, that bondita has not completely lost her interest from studies but was just distracted. He has to now remove this distraction. He was about to start with detail study of the topic when bondita suddenly stood up.

"Pati babu aapko aapki cappi la du?"

"Bondita main yaha kuch padha rha hu aur tumhe coffee ki yaad aa rhi hai?" Anirudh asked sternly.

"Voh kya hai na pati babu mai khane ke baad kaam mei vayst ho gyi aur apko cappi dena bhul gyi. Aur ab jakar yaad aaya ki aapne cappi nhi pi abhi tak. Toh socha ki cappi la du aapko." 

"Bondita hum yaha padh rhe hai. Tumhara dhyan coffee par nhi main joh padha rha hu uss par hona chahiye."

Bondita was offended, she was listening to him but suddenly realized that she forgot to give him coffee today. So she decided to make some and it would hardly take 5-7 minutes. She was ready to argue with him but stopped remembering that good wives should not argue with their husbands. So she decided to ask him just once.

"Pati babu mujhe bas 5 minute lagenge cappi banane mei. Bas 5 minute ruk jaiye aap fir padha lijiye ga na pleej." She said making a puppy face which on any other day would have melted anirudh but today it just angered him. How was she ok with stopping study session in middle for a cup of coffee.

"Bondita maine kaha na dhyan padhai par doh. Aur mei ik din coffee nhi piunga toh kuch bigad nhi jaega. Chup chap apne desk par baito aur padhai karo." He tried to control his anger.

"Patibabu aap coffee ke bina nhi rhe pate isiliye mei..." Before bondita could complete her sentence she heard a loud voice. Anirudh slammed the book in his hand on table. He was angry now and it was getting difficult for him to control himself.

"BONDITA MAINE BOLA NA MUJHE COFFEE NHI CHAHIYE. AUR AAJ SE TUM MERE LIYE COFFEE MAT BANA NA. ANIRUDH ROY CHOWDHARY AAJ SE COFFEE NHI PIYEGA."

Anirudh saw her shivering listening to his tone. Even batuk was taken back. His boudi is the most excited one when it comes to studying that to when his dada is teaching. But today she was to andament to make coffee for him. And his dada was refusing to drink coffee made by his boudi not just today but forever. He wanted to say something but thought not to. Ab sher ke muh mei haath kon hi dalega, sher being his dada.

Bondita was not expecting this. All she wanted to do was to make coffee for him but now he has taken decision of never ever having coffee. Tears entered her eyes but she didn't let them fall. She slowly sat on her bench and said sorry.

Anirudh didn't want to burst on her but he just couldn't stop himself. God knows why he just can't control himself when he is angry. As if he is a volcano, can burst at any time.

He turned his face, trying to calm himself. This behavior of his will only create distance between them. He wanted to help bondita but not at the cost of affecting her mentally like this. When he was sure that he is calm enough he turned around to find bondita engrossed in her book. He cleared his throat to get bondita and batuk's attention and when they looked at him he resumed his study session.

Class lasted for another one and a half hours after which they were given some homework with batuk getting some extra work for coming late. Batuk made his way out of study with a grumppy face, clearly not excited about this extra work but he just didn't have it in him to argue with anirudh today. 'Apne pair pe khud khuladi marna na na asie kaam zamindaro ko shobha nhi dete'  he thought in his mind and made his way towards his room to sleep again. 

Bondita was collecting her stuff and was about to turn around to leave study when anirudh called her. She was upset with him and didn't want to talk to him but still turned around not looking at him but at the carpet on floor. Anirudh looked at her and sighed. He sat on his knees in front of her. When he did that bondita's eyes shot up. She was about to say something when she saw him holding his ears and saying sorry. She immediately held his hands and brought them down.

"Aap yeh kya kar rhe hai patibabu."

"Mujhe maaf kar doh bondita. Main tum par chilana nhi chahta tha par tum aise coffee bana ne ki zidd kar rhi thi ki mujhe gussa aa gya. Par fir bhi mujhe aapne gusse par kabu karna chahiye tha na ki tum par aise chilana chaye tha. Uske liye mujhe maaf kar do." He again held his ears. 

"Patibabu aapki koi galti nhi hai. Aaka pura haq hai mujhe pe chilane ka. Aur rhi baat coffee ki toh voh bas aapko apni coffee subha subha chahiye hoti hai isiliye main baar baar bol rhi thi." she said bringing his hands down. She didn't like it when he held his ears like this.

"Bondita mujhe kya kisi ko bhi tum par yu chilane ka koi haq nhi hai. Toh yeh kehkar mere galat kaam ko sahi mat bolo." He stood up and held her hands. He walked towards sofa and made her sit there and sat next to her. "Tumhe pata hai bondita tum jab maan laga kar padhti ho na, mujhse prashan puchti ho mujhe bhout kushi milti hai. Tumhe aise maan laga kar padhte dekh mujhe pura yakeen ho jata hai ki tum humara sapna zaroor pura karogi, barrister babu ban ne ka sapna."

He looked towards her. She was not looking at him but was listening to him. So he continued.
"Bondita tumne school mei jane ke liye sabse ladai ki apne aap ko prove kiya. Tum baki ladkio ki prerna ho. Agar tum aache se padhai karogi apna laksh hasil karogi toh voh bhi apna laksh hasil karne ke liye aage aaengi. Tumhe padh likh kar iss samaj ki aurto ke adhikaro ke liye ladhna hai. Toh yeh mere liye coffee bana na ya ghar ke kaam karna inki chinta mat karo. Tum bas padhai pe dhyan doh. "

Bondita knew how much happy he gets when she performs well not just by scoring marks but using her knowledge in practical world as well. She knew that watching her doing tark and questioning the wrong always made him proud of her. She started to question herself, She wanted to make him happy but was doing all the things that will make him unhappy. She was ignoring her studies as she wanted to become a good wife and daughter in-law. She was not arguing with him which was against what he taught her, he told her to always question the wrong and stand for right, if you are curious about something you always quench your thirst for knowledge by asking questions. But what was she doing? In becoming an ideal wife she was loosing her real self, the one who always listens to her patibabu.

She was confused. On one hand she wanted to do whatever that ladies told her but on other she wanted to be like she use to be. She needed time to think about it and choose the right side.

Anirudh saw her lost in her thoughts. He wanted to continue talking to her but thought about giving her some time. So he asked her to go to her room and take some rest. She got up and made her way towards her room and anirudh also left study.

That day bondita didn't entered kitchen to cook lunch rather went towards her room. 

-x-

~Unedited part~

Hey guys!
Hope you liked this chapter.

Kindly do vote and comment :-)