CHAPTER 6

When we give our focus to one thing and want to excel at that, time passes in a blink of eye and we don't even realize that the day has come. Same was the case with anirudh and bondita. Both were so busy in their respective works that they were oblivious to the fact that time passed by and both of them didn't interact much with each other in this one week.

Bondita was busy in learning how to be a perfect and obedient wife. Her everyday routine was to same with a few changes. Now instead of studying she use to spend time with village women. Though its not wrong, ik khawat hai 'jaisa desh vaisa bheis'. When she used to live in roy choudhary haveli, she didn't get time to come meet and chat with these women and girls like she used to do before marriage. She was chotti malkin of the village. So now she was enjoying her time here, reliving those memories. But she forgot about her ultimate motive, to study hard and become a barrister. Though she remembered about their dream but forgot about the study part. She completely ignored her studies and got indulge in the work which anirudh didn't want her to. 

Through these continuous meetings she got to know more about how these village women use to live. She was taught that she should never raise her eyes and voice in front of her husband. Whatever husband says, she should obey without questioning him. In evening, when husband comes home all tired from work, he should find food ready and wife should make sure he eats properly. And only after he is done with his food, she should consume food, that too in same plate. Wife should make sure that husband is satisfied and if not she should do everything in her power to make that happen.

Normally bondita would question these, will go against these believes. But becoming a good wife and getting her patibabu's love had made a huge impact on her small mind that she couldn't think rationally. Her landlady at many times tried to interject and prevent bondita from meeting these ladies but bondita found one way or another to reach there. Now how much could a simple village lady interfere, so she prayed to dugga maa that their chotti malkin should not make a mistake and should get back to her studies.

On the other hand, Anirudh was completely oblivious to the fact that bondita is ignoring her studies. He didn't have time to look into her homework, he trusted her enough to know that she'll complete her homework. Everyday he used to go yo court for 2-3 hours and then he use to meet aazadi express at there fixed location. They practiced with various weapons so that anirudh gets comfortable in using them if needed. When anirudh got hold of weapons, aazadi express told him about her plan. Then they started practicing according to the plan. At the end of the day he used to get tired and all he wanted to do when he returned home was to talk to bondita and then sleep.    

Today was also same. Bondita went out in afternoon, played and chatted for sometime. Then she started preparing dinner for anirudh. She observed that her patibabu looked really tired in last few days so she wanted to treat him with good food. Anirudh returned after sometime and saw that bondita has prepared dinner again. He decided to freshen up and then spend some time with bondita. Bondita was arranging food items when anirudh entered inside the hut. She gave him a sweet smile and asked him to join her. After putting food in his plate she picked the hand fan and started fannong him. Anirudh held her hand and said "Tumhe yeh sab karne ki koi zaroorat nhi hai bondita. Aao tum bhi mere saath kahna kha lo."

"Nhi patibabu aap kha lijiye mei baad mei kha lungi."

"Ab yeh mat khena bondita ki tumhara maan nhi hai ya tumhe bhook nhi lagi. Phichle kuch dino se mei dekh rha hu ki tum mere saath khana nhi kha rhi. Kuch baat hai kya? Kya tumhe mere saath khana khana aacha nhi lagta?" Anirudh asked making a puppy face to which bondita nodded her head in negation.

For last whole week she had been giving some sort of excuses to not have dinner with him as she wanted to have dinner after him in the plate he had his food. But today after listening to him and looking at his expressions she doesn't have the heart to say no. So she asked him if she can have dinner in his plate only to which he agreed. 

When dinner was over, bondita was expecting him to go to his bed and sleep but instead he came towards her and sat down next to her. 

"Bondita kal mujhe kisi kaam se gao ke bahar jana hoga. Agar kaam ho gya toh kal tumhari school ki fees ke liye paise bhi pure ho jaenge. Fir tum nayi kaksha mei ja sakti ho. Aise hi padahi mei aage badhti rahogi aur bengal ki pheli mahila barrister banogi. Barrister babu Bondita." Anirudh said, his eyes shining. He wanted to talk to bondita because he has no idea what tomorrow has in stored for him, for them.

"Aapko kya koi bada case mila hai patibabu? Aur aapko kal subha kab nikalna hai aur kab tak vapis aaenge aap? Mujhr phele bata dete toh mei saman bandh deti aapka. Chaliye bataie ki kya kya saman chahiye aapko abhi pack kar deti hu." Bondita said rising up from her seat.

Anirudh got hold of her hand and made her sit again. "Mujhe koi saman nhi chahiye bondita aur main pass mei hi ja rha hu sham tak aa jaunga" 'agar sab sahi rha toh.' anirudh said in his mind.

"Aacha tum batao bondita tumhe yaha theek toh lag rha hai na, matlab koi takleef toh nhi hai na ?"

"Haan patibabu yaha sab aacha hai, yaha ke logo se lekar yaha iss ghar mei rhena. Mujhe koi takleef nhi hai."

Anirudh smiled and asked her about her day.

"Aapko pata hai aaj kya hua, voh pass ke ghar mei kamlesh kaka rhete hai na. aaj duphere mei voh ghar aae tab savita kaki apne baalo mei koi khass tel laga rhi thi. Unhone saare baal apne muh ke samne kiye hue thee. Jaise hi kamlesh kaka ne darwaza khola unhe laga ki koi chudail baithi hui hai unke ghar mei. Voh itni zor se chila kar bhag gye vaha se aur unke peeche peeche savita kaki" Bondita finished while laughing hard.

Anirudh also laughed imaging poor kamlesh kaka's situation. In between her laughter bondita was remembered something 'Patnio ko pati ke samne zyada daant nhi dhikane chaiye aur na hi zyada zubaan chalani chahiye'. She immediately stopped laughing and lowered her head.

Anirudh found it quite weird. "Kya hua bondita. Shant kyu ho gyi ik dum se?"

"Ah kuch nhi patibabu voh.. haan voh mujhe na neend aa rhi hai."
"Aacha chalo so jao mei bhi jata hu soone"

Anirudh made his way towards his bed and lied down. He looked at the sky and then towards bondita. She had already slept. "Bondita kash main tumhe bata pata ki mei kya karne ja rha hu kal. Paar agar tumhe bata deta toh shyad tum mujhe jane na deti. Mere liye tumhari kushiyo se badhkar kcuh nhi hai bondita. School jane se, kitabe padhne se aur pariksha mei aache marks lane se tumhe joh kushi milti hai, mei usse gayab nhi hone dunga. Bas dugga ma se yhi prathna hai ki kal ka mission pura ho jae aur mei sahi salamat tum tak paunch jau."

Anirudh was not worried about himself, but for her. If something happens to him this society will not let her live. They'll ask her to give upon all the colors and taste in her life and also her beautiful hair that she cherishes the most. or worst they could ask her to perform sati. He cannot let bondita to go through all this. He needed to protect her and for that he needed to come back safe from the mission. He looked at bondita one last time and drifted to sleep. 

Bondita laid awake with her eyes closed. She was thinking of what all she has been doing from last one week. She did all the things that the ladies have told her. But still she couldn't feel the love that hose ladies have been talking about. Today also she did the sam ething but still no effect. Then her thoughts shifted to what her patibabu was talking about, her being a barrister and she remembered that she didn't do any of her homework. She felt bad that her patibabu gave her some work and she failed to do it. 

Wait a minute, because she failed to do the work assigned by her patibabu, is that the reason she is not feeling the khass pyaar. Oh Bondita you are such an idiot. If that is the reason then she would have done her homework immediately. She thought to complete her homework tomorrow in the morning itself and then maybe her cheeks will turn red and she'll be able to feel the khass pyaar. With these thoughts she drifted to sleep.

-x-