CHAPTER 13

Anirudh got up next morning with new dedication. Only two weeks were left before a new session to start and he has to get bondita's interest back in study. At first he thought that he'll give her some math problem to solve and a chapter from science book to read and will tell her to complete this by evening. But then this would be like forcing her to study. He didn't want her to feel forced instead he wanted her to study like she previously use to do with her own interest. Even the topics she use to find difficult, she would practice them again and again and understand the concept behind him. He wanted bondita to start studying, start taking interest in various topics on her own.

He got up from bed and went to take shower. Wiping his hair with towel he came in front of the mirror. How will he make bondita study without enforcing her? He looked at himself in the mirror and suddenly got an idea. It was time to call shikshak babu, bondita's shikshak who helped her with her studies. Yes he will teach her like old days then maybe bondita will also remember those good old days and get back to study.

He got ready in his regular clothes, his turtle neck along with pants and suspenders. He went down towards the dining area and wished everyone good morning.

"Anirudh kabhi toh subha jaldi uth kar naah kar mandir mei aarti ke samay aa jaya karo." Kaka said sitting on his separate small wooden dining table.

"Kaka aap karte hai na pooja aur prathna, meri taraf se bhi kar diya kijiye."

"Arey beta yeh kaam aise nhi hota. Tum subha uth kar agar aarti mei aaoge toh apne liye apne aap prathna karna. Kya pata bhagwan prasan hokar tumhe budhi hi de de." 

Batuk spilled the water he was drinking and started laughing. He loved when his kaka roasted anyone except him.  

"Aapko aisa kyu lagta hai ki bhagwan mujhe prasan hokar budhi hi denge, kuch aur bhi de sakte hai na?"

"Arey ab jis insan ke pass jis cheez ki kami hoti hai bhagwan usse vhi dete hai na." 

"Kaka aap.." anirudh started but was soon cut off by kaka

"Arey bahu kaha rhe gyi. Jaldi aao bhai bhuk lag rhi hai."
'Jalsi aao warna yeh bagad billa hume kha jaega.' kaka thought in his mind.

Batuk laughed even harder. That was the moment bondita came with breakfast. She looked at batuk laughing like a mad person and then towards her kaka sasurji who seemed relieve watching her come out of kitchen and at last she looked at her patibabu whose face was adorned with a frown and was looking at batuk like he'll scold him at any moment now.

She served breakfast to everyone and stood at a corner. Batuk was still laughing and now anirudh has had enough.

"Bondita aur batuk khana khane ke ik ghante baad study mei aa jana apni kitabe lekar. Sirf 2 hafte rhete hai school shuru hone mei. Theek hai?"

"Batuk's laughing face was replaced with a shocked and sad face. Now he'll have o study according to the timings his dada will set. He nodded in anirudh's direction knowing that there is no use of arguing. Anirudh flashed a huge smile, proud that he could take revenge from his brother for laughing at him. He then looked towards bondita who didn't uttered any word till now.

"Kya hua bondita koi pareshani?"

"Nhi patibabu. Kuch pareshani nhi hai." 

"Toh fir tumne jawab nhi diya abhi tak. Padhne ke liye toh tum humesha utsuk rheti ho."

Indeed bondita was excited that her patibabu will be teaching her after so long but then what about house chores? She could ask bhari babu and koyeli didi to do todays work but the problem was she wanted to do everything on her own. She had seen those women in village doing everything on their own and wanted to become like that. But at the same time she didn't want her studies to suffer between all this. 
Bondita was at a cross road where one side she wanted to study and on other side she wanted to become an ideal wife for her pati babu and an ideal daughter in-law. And right now second road seemed more tempting to her. 

"Bondita kha kho gyi? Kya tumhe mujhse nhi padhna?"

"Nhi patibabu voh mei soch rhi thi konsa vishay padhaenge aap aaj."

"Aacha tum uski fikar mat karo. Bas samay pe paunch jana study mei. Agar tum dono mei se koi late hua toh punishment milegi." Saying this he started eating his meal and that was when he noticed that bondita was not eating with them.

"Bondita tum bhi beth jao humare saath."

"Nhi pati babu aap log kha lijiye main baad mei kha lungi." How can a good wife eat before her husband was what bondita thought and denied the offer.

Anirudh knew why she said this so he started his act "Jab tak tum yaha humare saath baith ke nhi khaogi hum mei se koi nhi khaega."

Kaka and batuk's hand stopped mid air and they looked at bondita with pleading eyes asking her to sit and have meal with them only as anirudh roy chowdhary won't listen to anyone now and they really were hungry.

Seeing no other option now bondita sat down beside anirudh and started having her breakfast. After some time all of them were done with their breakfast. Anirudh got up and looked towards bondita and batuk and reminded them to come to study on time. Saying this he went to do some work. Shikshak babu was making a comeback and he wanted it to be a good one.

Bondita and batuk looked at each other knowing that now for next one hour they'll have do everything while looking at time. Both of them didn't want to be late as they knew that anirudh will give some extra topic to study in name of punishment. So they also left to do their own work knowing they only have an hour to do so.

Anirudh entered study and sat on his chair. He started going through their course books figuring out what to teach them today. It has to be a topic which will catch both of their interest and they'll want to know more about this topic.

Like this only one hour passed. Anirudh completed his notes and changed his clothes and came to study in his shikshak babu appearance. Bondita tried her best to finish household work as much as possible and at last she asked bhari babu to take over the work. She entered study and saw that their desk were arranged, blackboard set and her pati babu oops shikshak babu standing near desk with is back facing her. She knocked on the door to which anirudh turned around, acting all surprised, and welcomed her, though he already knew she has come but still wanted to act.

Batuk was ten minutes late. He was figuring out what to do in this one hour when he thought the best way to spend it is by taking a nap. So he laid down on his bed and closed his eyes expecting that they'll themselves open up after one hour. But his eyes betrayed him and now he was late and ready for extra work. He sat on his desk which was next to bondita's.

Anirudh looked at both of them as they settled themselves. He then turned towards the blackboard and wrote the topic he will be teaching. After writing it down he turned towards them and began his class.

-x-

~Unedited part~

Hey guys! 
Hope you liked this chapter.

Do you think anirudh will succeed in his mission or will bondita suprise him?

Please vote and comment. 
I would like to know about your opinions and if there is something that i can improve.
So kindly comment, it makes me happy :-D.