CHAPTER 20

Anirudh along with bondita and their luggage entered the house. Seerat immediately went towards kitchen to fetch some water. She came back and offered them water and ask them to take a seat on the cot lying in the vehrandha. They thanked her for water, anirudh gulped down the water but bondita was just looking around her surroundings. It was a house with 3 rooms she guessed, a vehrandha, a small  kitchen and terrace. She wanted to take a look around and seerat saw that.

"Umm Bondita haina?" She asked bondita to which she nodded and seerat smiled, "Ghar dekhna chahogi?". Bondita nodded again and stood up. Anirudh also decided to go with them as randhir was no where to be seen and what will he do sitting here ideally. 

They started walking with seerat showing them around. She was a chatter box and anirudh thought bondita and seerat will share a great bond. 

"Boudi ghar mei aur koi nhi hai? Jitna mujhe yaad hai randhir ke baba aur maa bhi saath rhete thee."

"Voh veerji jab yeh london se vapis aae tab yeh bebe aur baapuji se alag rhete hai."

"Kya par kyu? Randhir ka toh din nhi nikalta tha bina apni maa ke baare mei baat kiye. Fir unse alag kasie?"

"Voh veerji main aapko bata toh sakti hu par main yhi kahungi ki aap unn se hi puchiye. Unhone aapko aur salim bveerji ko kafi yaad kiya tha yaha aane ke baad. Abhi filhal apse gussa hai par thoda sa maniye unhe voh maan jaenge." Seerat sqaid with a smile knowing that her husband can't stay mad at someone for long time.

She showed anirudh and bondita their room and asked them to freshen up so that they can have dinner together. She left the room and bondita dragged her suitcase near almirah to arrange her clothes in it. 

"Patibabu yeh ghar kitna pyaara sa hai na. Aur seerat didi kitni aachi hai."

"Haan bondita." He smiled at her, he was happy seeing her enjoying her visit.

"Laiye patibabu aapke kapde bhi jacha du yaha par."

And that was when it strike anirudh that they will have to stay in the same room. Oh no what will he do now? Should he go and ask for a separate room or should he just stay in this one only? They did have a extra room so there is nothing bad in asking for one right? But what will he say to boudi. He'll ask her after dinner and will give some lame excuse. He cannot stay with bondita in one room. He knew that nobody knows them over here but he also knew his little wife, how she'll go back and tell kaka all about this trip
'Kaka sasurji patibabu aur mei ik hi kamre mei soe' and then kaka smiling like he has won the biggest lottery of his life.
No no this doesn't look good in imagination what will he do if it turns out to be real. His kaka would again pressurize him to start parivarik jeevan with bondita. No no he can't take that risk. He'll not be sleeping in same room as bondita.

"Tum mera saman rhene doh bondita, main khud baad mei jacha lunga."

"Par patibabu yeh mera kaam hai, main agar ese aapko kaam karne dungi toh paap nhi lagega mujhe."

And here adarsh patni makes a comeback. "Dekho bondita koi paap wapp nhi lagega tumhe. Aur tum abhi tak fresh nhi hui, waha boudi humara intezaar kar rhi hongi. Tumhe unhe intezaar karvana hai? Aur randhir uska toh khana late hua toh voh gussa kar dega tumpar bilkul rakshas babu ki tarha."

Hearing this bondita quickly went to the bathroom. Anirudh sighed and sat on bed. He has to talk to randhir immediately now. Bondita came after sometime and then both of them went for dinner.
Reaching the dinning table they saw randhir and seerat were waiting for them. They sat down and seerat served them and then settled herself. They were eating quitely when seerat started to talk.

"Mujhe pata nhi tha ki aap log aa rhe hai varna main aur bhi cheeze bana deti khane mei."

"Arey boudi uski koi zaroorat nhi hai."

"Vaise.." randhir started but then paused and looked at bondita not knowing how to address her. If he knew his friend well he knew that he won't marry bondita with his own will as she was still a child, so should he call her bondita or bhabhi. He decided to go with the latter one as she was now his friend's wife and under whatever circumstances he married her, he is not going to leave her. "Bhabhi aap ke yeh patibabu aapko kya roz aise dant te hai jaise aaj danta aapke kho jane par."

Anirudh looked at his friend all shocked, what does he think him to be? Anirudh never scolds or shouts at someone without any reason. He was about to say that but bondita answered on his behalf.

"Nhi nhi dada, patibabu mujhe aise nhi daant te. Haan thode gussail hai par meri galti ho tabhi daant te hai. Aur haan mujhe maaf kijiye meri wajha se hum dono neeche late aae. Aap please gussa mat karna."

"Main itni si baat pe gussa kyu karunga bhala bhabhi." Randhir was touched when bondita addressed him as dada, but soon was confused as why will he scold her.

"Voh patibabu ne batya mujhe ki agar aapko khana late mile toh aap gussa karne lag jate hai isiliye."

"KYA??" Randhir glared at anirudh, who just gulped in fear and then chuckled looking at bondita.

"Kya tum bhi bondita main toh bas mazak kar rha tha."

"Haan bhabhi aise rakshaso ki tarha chiane ki aadat sirf apke patibabu ko hia mujhe nhi." 

After this bondita and seerat talked in between where as both the men had their dinner quitely. When dinner was over anirudh saw randhir going towards the terrace. He thought this was the correct time to talk to him and he would ask seerat for another bedroom after his talk with randhir. So he followed him and reached the terrace. He saw randhir standig near the railing looking at the sky where only some stars were present, twinkiling as if talking to each other. He went towards him and was about to say something when randhir said, "Mujhe pata tha ki tumhe kuch baat karni hai isiliye main yaha aaya. Ab tumhe joh batana hai bata doh fir uske baad main sochunga ki tumhari madad karni hai ya nhi. Aur haan agar mera faisla na hua toh kal subha hi chale jana wapis." Randhir said all this while his back was facing anirudh.

"Main janta hu ki main galat hu par kya tum ab meri taraf dekhoge bhi nhi?"

Randhir turned towards anirudh, "Dekho anirudh roy chowadhary, tumhe joh khena hai kaho."

Anirudh took a deep breath and said, "Mujhe tumhari madad chahiye bondita ko wapis phele jaisi banane ke liye."

-x-

Hey guys
Hope you liked this chapter.

Kindly vote and comment :-)