CHAPTER 11

"Barrister babu aap yaha?"

Anirudh was brought out of his thoughts. He turned to the source of voice only to spot aazadi express looking at him, her face showed some relief. He didn't knew how to answer her question. He had o idea why he came to this spot. From the moment he heard bondita's confession then his confrontation with his own self he didn't knew what to do. He knows that bondita is in false impression of being in love with him and he realized that it is normal in her age to develop feelings and that he'll have to tackle this with patience and love but the main question was how. How will he make her understand? What if he tries to put forward a point and she didn't understood and he gets angry or better say becomes Rakshas Babu.

He was searching for a solution and was just roaming around. He himself had no idea why he came over here. He was just looking at aazadi express with a blank expression.

"Phele toh dugga maa ka lakh lakh shukar hai ki aap sahi salamat hai. Mujhe maaf kar dijiye, mere aapko aag mei akele chod kar bhagne ka koi irada nhi tha, par agar hum vaha se bhagte nhi toh sare kiye karye pe pani fir jata. Mujhe pata hai ki mujhe aapko yu chod ke bhagna nhi chahiye tha. Par fri maine suna ki kaise bondita ne aapko bacha liya. Bhout bahadur hai voh."

She looked at him expecting him to give some response. She knew that she could have helped him but nothing is more important than her mission. She was worried and even tried to come back to fair to look after him or to get any news regarding him. When she arrived at fair all she could see was a messed up fair. Everything was ruined all thanks to the chaos created. She looked around but couldn't find him. Disheartened she made her way back to their safe spot. When she arrived there, her saathi informed her that barrister babu was saved by his wife. He got some burns and brusies but is safe now. She thanked dugga maa and decide to visit him soon and also to give him his share of money for helping them. 
They have to move from their safe spot that's why she couldn't contact him and now he was here. She thought he came to collect his money so she asked him to wait for a minute and ran inside the house.

Anirudh looked at her running inside. His mind was filled with all previous happenings that he couldn't really register her words. She came back after some time with a white envelope in her hand. He looked at her confused.

"Voh mujhe maaf kar dena. Mujhe pata hai ki aap paiso ki wajha se meri madad karne ko taiyar hue thee. Mera yakeen maniye main jald se jald aapko yeh pasie dena chahti thi par halat hi kuch aise ho gye ki main apko yeh de nhi pai. Par ab aap yaha aa hi gye hai toh yeh lijiye. Mera iss muhim mei saath dene ke liye shukriya."
She handed him the envelope.

Anirudh took the envelope from her hand and stared at it. That envelope contained money that he was going to pay at bondita's school, but now did she even wanted to attend school? From her talks and actions it feels like she has given up on study and their dream. Dream to become barrister babu and bring change in the society. He chuckled looking at the white envelope in his hand.
Aazadi express was confused. What was he doing. A minute ago he was staring and now chuckling at the envelope. Was he not expecting this money or was he too overwhelmed. 

"Kya hua barrister babu aap aise kyu bartav kar rhe hai? Aapko toh kush hona chahiye ki ab aap bondita ke vidyalya ka shulk de sakte hai."

"Bondita ke school ki fees. Main toh ab yeh bhi nhi janta ki voh bondita joh kabhi apne padhne ke adhikaro ke liye lad gyi thi sabse ab voh school jaegi bhi ya nhi."

"Matlab? Kyu nhi jaegi voh vidyalya?"

"Kyuki..." Anirudh realized that he spoke to much. After all she was just a stranger. No doubt they met a few times but only to practice. And apart from that all other conversation have been related to their work, her missions and fight for country and his barrister journey and wish to do something for this country specially for women. They never really had any other conversation. She was not his friend who will understand him nor she is someone known to him whom he can trust and share his problems. 
"Voh kuch nhi. Bas aise hi bol diya maine."