CHAPTER 15

Bondita entered her room, mind full of thoughts. She came inside and sat on her bed, door of her room opened from one side. She was confused. She was doing all the things a good wife and a good daughter in-law should do. She was told that by doing all these her patibabu will get happy and will also fall in love with her, if he falls in love with her then he'll show it to her. But will all this really make her patibabu happy? He has always encouraged her to study, ask question to calm her curious mind and to not get involved in these things. But here she was getting tangled in the web that he was trying to protect her from. 

She looked towards her desk her eyes focusing on the books kept over there. She has not touched them. Those books for which they fought against everyone so that she can freely study them as it was her right. And here they were discarded on the desk with little amount of dust on them as no one has touched them. 

What was she doing? She knew the things that made him happy but she was doing the exact opposite things. That huge smile that comes on his face when she performs well in class, that shine in his eyes when she questions wrong practices and those words 'Shabash Bondita' which he says when he feels proud of her. This is what happiness is for him. Then what other happiness was she trying to search.

Her eyes got teary. She was confused. On one side her patibabu was there who told her to be herself and study hard and on other side those village women and their ideologies. She wanted to talk to someone and get her thoughts clear. But who to talk to. If she'll go to her patibabu he might get upset with her. Her kaka sasurji will tell her to focus on whatever she is doing. Batuk and som dada might not understand her point. Who was left then?

"Bondita?"

Bondita looked towards the door, standing there was Sampoorna maa. Bondita quickly wiped her tears which she didn't knew when escaped her eyes. She did not wanted to talk to her, after what all she has done with her. So she stood up at her place and plastered a fake smile on her face and very sweetly asked, "Arey aap yaha? Kuch kaam tha kya?"

"Ab ka main apni bhen se sirf kaam ke silsile mei milne aa sakti hu?"

"Aap yaha apni bhen se nhi bahu se milne aai hai. Toh koi kaam toh zaroor hoga."

"Dekh bondita mei janti hu ki maine tere saath bhiut galat kiya hai, ho sake toh maaf kar de apni didi ko. Tujhe thes paunchane ka mere akoi maksad nhi tha."

"Par thes toh paunchi na didi. Tujhse mujhe yeh umeed nhi thi. Apne swarth ke liye tu aisa kuch kar jaegi yeh nhi pata tha mujhe. Aurmere saath joh kiya theek par mere patibabu ke saath bhi tunhe theek nhi kiya. Teri uss shart ki wajha se agar unhe kuch ho jata toh? Aise kaise maaf kar du tujhe mei."

"Bondita mujhe pata hai joh maine kiya mafi ke layak nhi par tab meri aankho par maa baba ne paiso ki patti chadha di thi. Main janti hu ki maine kafi galat kaam kiya par ho sake toh apni iss did ko maaf kar dna. Mujhe meri galtio ka ehsaas ho gya hai." Sampoorna said with eyes filled with tears. She joined her hands in front of bondita and said, "Main bhul gyi thi uss sampoorna ko joh tere saath pedo pe chad ke imlie khati thi, khelti thi tere saath aur khub baatein karti thi. Ab mei firse vhi sampoorna didi ban na chahti hu teri. Ik mauka de de mujhe khud ko sabit karne ka."

Bondita couldn't see hher sister like that. She immediately held her hands and indicated her not to cry by shaking her head. Sampoorna engulfed her in a bear hug. Bondita was happy to get her sister back. After some time they let go of each other. 

"Ab bata apni did ko aise kyu baithi thi yaha. Ab kis uljhan mei fas gya dimag tera?"

"Tujhe kaise pata chala didi."

"Bas chal gya pata. Chal bata ab mujhe, agar batana chahti hai tu."

Bondita knew she can not share her problem with anyone else and now after seeing her sister apologizing she wanted to trust her. So she decided to give her a chance and tell her about her dilemma. They settled on bed and bondita told her everything from what those village women said to her current situation. Afetr she was done there was silence for few minutes.

"Ab tu hi bata na didi kya karu mei. Ik taraf voh aurtein hai joh khe rhi hai yeh sab karne se patibabu kush ho jaenge aur mujhse pyaar karenge par vhi dusri aurmujhe lagta hai ki inn sab se patibabu khush nhi gussa ho jaenge."

"Dekh bondita anirudh ne tera vidyalya mei dhakila karvaya kyuki tu chahti thi. Usne har voh cheez ki joh tujhe pasand hai. Tere liye voh gao jake rhene ko taiyar ho gya. Toh ab tujhe nhi lagta tujhe vidyalya mei nhi ghar pe dhyan dena chahiye?" She held bondita's hand and continued "Ab tu hi dekh gao ki saari aurtein aur main bhi hum sab ghar hi rhete hai aur apne ghar aur gharwalo ka khyal rakhte hai. Aur tumhe delha toh hoga hi ki humare pati humse kitna kush rhete hai. Toh ab jab anirudh ne har baar tere baare mei soch ke har nirnay liya hai toh iss baar tu uske liye yeh nirnay le. Aur shyad tere aisa karne se anirudh tujhse kush ho jae. Aur kya pata usse tujhe pyaar ho jae, pati patnio wala pyaar." she finished with a teasing smile. 

Bondita understood her point. She knew anirudh has done a lot for her and now when she has this opportunity she wanted to do something for him too. 

"Shukriya didi. Ab main vhi karungi jismei mere patibabu ki kushi hai." Bondita smiled brightly.

"Theek hai bondita. Chal ab main chalti hu khane ka samay ho gya hai." sampoorna said returning the smile.

Sampoorna made her way put of bondita's room, her smile turning to smirk. She twirled her hair on her finger, "Bondita kitni bholi ho tum. Maine kuch aansu kya bahae tumne mujhe maaf kar diya." She looked towards her through the opened door and then turned and left to kitchen.

Bondita came in smapoorna's words and started to believe whatever she was doing is right. But she didn't realize that her patibabu is not like ordinary men, he will not be happy seeing bondita giving up on their dream rather it'll break him. Sampoorna knew this and used it to manipulate bondita. She knew that if bondita does something like this anirudh will get angry and this may create difference between them. Then she'll use this difference to her own benefit and will take charge of roy chowdhary havelie.

Everyone came to have lunch and after that continued their daily routine. Anirudh was looking forward to next day class and bondita was looking forward to complete her duty as a good wife. Lets see what this new day holds for them.

-x-

Heyaa, hehe long time no see 
Sorry for the late update
I hope you liked this chapter.

Kindly vote and comment down your views.
I would love to read your comments and interact with you guys :-).