CHAPTER 16

When we are confused over something it is easy for other people to take advantage of that and manipulate accordingly. Same thing happened with bondita. She at one end wanted to become what those village ladies have told her to be but on the other hand she wanted to become what her patibabu wants her to be. No doubt she can be both a good barrister and a good wife but her little mind was not getting finding a way how. And know when sampoorna has told her to focus on being a good wife and not her studies, she wanted to follow her advice.

So next day she followed her routine of waking up early, doing aarti with her kaka sasurji and then going to the kitchen to make breakfast. At the breakfast table anirudh was again surprised to see so many dishes cooked and when he got to know that bondita made all these he was shocked. Yesterday only he told her to just focus on her studies and not on all these work but seems like bondita didn't listen to him.

Anirudh was someone who knew that women have the power to manage everything they do. Be it there house or some outside work. He very well knew that if given a chance they'll prove themselves to the world outside about how they can manage both the things, but sadly women at that time were not allowed to work. He wanted bondita to bring that change, to become a barrister and work hard for making lives of other women easy. He knew that bondita can easily manage between household work and her studies but right now in the given situation where she was about to give up on their dream because the society told her that women sholud behave in a certain way, he thought it is best for her to just focus on studies. That's why he asked her not to do this yesterday but it looks like he need to talk to her again.

He quietly ate his breakfast where else others were praising bondita for her excellent cokking. After having his share of food he got up and looked at bondita and batuk and said, "Bondita, Batuk aaj class ik ghanta extra lagegi. Toh abhi khana kha kar study mei aa jao." Then he made his way towards study.

Bauk's happy face turned sad and he looked at bondita with puppy eyes. But bondita was in some other zone only. She cannot go to the study immediately after breakfast as she has to do other work so she was thinking what excuse to make so that her patibabu won't get mad at her. 

Breakfast was done and anirudh was waiting for the partners in crime to show up. Batuk came after some time but bondita was no where seen.

"Batuk bondita kaha hai? Usse pata tha na ki khana khate hi yaha aana hai toh aai kyu nhi abhi tak?"

"Dada mei bhi yhi soch rha hu. Kyuki aapke jane ke baad hi boudi bhi vaha se chali gyi thi. Fir ab tak aai kyu nhi?" batuk said while making a face as if he is thinking something deeply.

"Tum apni book kholo aur jitna kal padhya tha revise karo. Mujhe pata hai vapis jakar tum fir so gye hoge aur revise nhi kiya hoga kuch. Main tab tak bondita ko lekar aata hu."

Anirudh made his way towards her room only to find it empty. Her books kept on table and were untouched. He then checked kitchen and mandir but she wasn't even present there. He came back to study, anger clearly visible on his face.

"Kya hua dada boudi nhi mili." Batuk asked but to anirudh it was like adding fuel to his anger.

"Yeh mere saath khadi dikh nhi rhi kya tumhe batuk. Jab dikh rha hai ki bondita yaha nhi hai toh kyu puch rhe ho. Chup chap aapna karo. Aur.." his words died when he saw koyeli going upstairs carrying some utensils. 

He followwed koyeli nly to spot bondita sitting on the terrace floor and was doing something with pickles. His anger again surfaced and he made his way towards her.

"Bondita maine tumhe bola tha khana khake study mei aana, toh tum yaha kya kar rhi ho?"

"Voh pa..patibabu aap... aap yaha ." bondita was not expecting anirudh to suddenly show up. While thinking about what excuse she'll present him with she saw koyeli going upstairs with pickle and decided to help her as she should be the one doing this work.

"Ab tum toh study mei aai nhi isi liye main aa gya. Ab bataogi ki kyu nhi aai aur yaha kya kar rhi ho."

"Voh patibabu main yaha aachar sukhane aai thi. Voh khatam ho gya hai na isiliye bas."

So madam gave up study session for this work. Anirudh was trying his best to talk to her calmly but now it was no possible.

"Tum iss kaam ke liye study mei nhi aai. Yeh kaam toh koyeli bhi kar leti.Tumhe aane ki kya zaroorat thi. Tum utho abhi aur cholo mere saath."

"Par patibabu main iss ghar ki bahu hu aur aapki patni. Yeh kaam mujhe karna chahiye na ki koyeli didi ko."

"BONDITA yeh kya laga rakha hai tumne bahu patni. Tum ik bachi ho jisse yeh sab kaam mei nhi padhai me dhyan dena chahiye. Toh abhi ke abhi study mei chalo warna."

"Warna kya maarenge aap mujhe. Maar lijiye ik aachi patni ki tarha aapki maar bhi she lungi."

"BONDITA YEH KYA BOL RHI HO TUM." anirudh's anger knew no bound now. How can she even say it, think like that. She knew that he was not a man to raise hand on women and nor was she a kind of girl who'll ask someone to beat her and she will bear it. What was wrong with her.

Bondita flinched at his tone. He seemed to be really angry. Bondita knew in her hear that her patibabu won't do anything like that but it was the teaching that she recieved from other women that made her say that.

Anirudh looked at her, his eyes showing anger, disappointment, sadness and hurt. Then he turned around and ran away from there. Bondita was just looking at him not knowing what to do next.

He reached study and asked batuk to go out. And batuk not wanting to get more scolded obeyed him.

"Main kya karu aisa jis se tum phele wali bondita ban jao. Voh bondita joh yeh bolna toh dur sochne ki bhi himmat na kare ki uske patibabu uss par haath utha sakte hai. Mujhe meri phele wali bondita chahiye par samaj nhi aa rha ki kya kru jisse tumhare aankho pe chadi yeh patti hat jae." 

He started roaming in study when his eyes stopped at the photo frame kept on the shelf. He went towards it and picked it up. He looked at it for some time and then a smile came on his face.

"Mil gya mujhe ik tarika."

-x-

Hey
I hoped  you liked this chapter.

What did anirudh saw in that photo or Who did he saw?

Kindly do vote and comment!