CHAPTER 22

Both the friends stood on the terrace embracing each other. Minutes passed but they were still standing, weeping in each other arms. After some time when randhir got hold of himself he separated from hug and wiped his tears. Anirudh also did the same. Both of them were avoiding looking at each other. Anirudh wanted to know what all happened, how did kirna landed in such situation which costed her life but he chose not to ask. Looking at randhir he could clearly see how devastated his friend was, to remember those painful memories, it is not easy. 

Anirudh cleared his throat, not knowing what to say. He placed his hand on randhir's shoulder and looked at him. He made gesture to say that everything will be alright, to which randhir nodded. Anirudh then turned to walk down but was stopped by randhir.

"Ani..rudh" Randhir forgot that he was angry on him and was about to call him by his nickname but suddenly realized and called hum by his name only. "Main bhabhi ki madad karunga par uske liye tumhe mujhe kuch batana hoga."

"Haan pucho randhir." Listening to his friend calling him ani after such long time brought a smile on anirudh's face. It will take time but his friend will surly forgive him one day, or maybe he already has forgiven him but just acting cold.

"Tumhari shadi ke baare mei. Jitna main tumhe janta hun tum bal vivah nhi kar sakte toh...."

"Toh meri aur bondita ki shadi kaise hui? Yahi janana hai na tumhe?" Anirudh completed randhir's sentence to which he nodded. Anirudh took a deep breath and started narrating the events of the day that at first he thought to be the worst day of his life but turned out to be the best one.

Randhir felt like it was a better story than the one he was thinking. They didn't fell in love and got married by going against their family members but his friend saved the life of this little girl. And this was like some movie story. He was imagining anirudh becoming all hero and saving bondita, then marrying her, fighting for her with his family, leaving his first love for her. Uff he wanted to witness it with his own eyes rather than just lsitening to it. He would have cheered and whistled for his friend.

Anirudh looked at randhir who had a big smile on his face. He cleared his throat and randhir's smile vanished and he started looking here and there. " Fitoori anirudh roy chowadhary badla nhi. Abhi bhi apna point prove karne ke liye kisi bhi hadh tak chala jaega."

"Haan, yeh samaj na pyaar ki bhasha samajta nhi hai. Toh kabhi kabhi hadh paar karni padhti hai. Aur vaise bhi maine apne fitoor mei hi sahi par bondita ki jaan ik kupratha ka sahara lekar bachai hai."

"Kupratha hi sahi par jaan toh bachai tunhe. Tere iss kupratha ka sahara lene se aaj bhabhi dekh kitni aachi zindagi jee rhi hai, padh rhi hai aur apne liye stand le rhi hai. Vasie ab toh fitoor mei aakar kuch nhi karta na tu, shadi ho gyi haiteri apni na sahi bhabhi ki spch liya kar kuch karne se phele."

"Ab bhi kranti zinda hai, kyuki mujhe meri kranti ki mashal jo mil gyi hai. Bondita mere fitoor ko smajati hai, mera saath deti hai. Sach kahu toh sochta hu agar voh nhi aati meri zindagi mei toh kya hota mera."

Randhir saw the expression on anirudh's face and made out that the little girl, his wife is very important and dear to his friend. He was happy for him. He knew his friend didn't consider this marriage a marriage in real sense, he might be everything for bondita but not a husband. He'll have to observe their relationship before giving him any advice as he had quite a lot to say to him.

"Aur uss saudamini ka kya hua?"

"Voh meri zindagi ki sabse badi bhuk thi." Anirudh sighed and told him all the nasty things that saudamini did to them. 

"Kitna kuch ho gya tere saath."

"Haan socha tha vapis aakar ik simple si zindagi jeyunga, desh ke liye kaam karunga par sab ajeeb ho gya."

"Ab ajeeb insan ke liye bhagwan ne zindagi bhi ajeeb si likhi hai na." Randhir laughed.

"Chal bhout raat ho gyi hai. Ab kamre mei chalta hu warna seerat bahar hi nikal degi kamre se."

"Aacha hai, boudi ko aisa hi karna chahiye."

Both of them came down and made way to their respective room. Randhir entered his room and anirudh was about to enter when he remembered that he has to share room with bondita. Oh he forgot to ask for separate room and now seerat was sleeping and he didn't find it appropriate to wake her up. He took a deep breath and opened the door only to find bondita sitting on bed. 

"Arey pati babu aap aa gye. Main sone lagi thi par fir socha ki mujhe pata nhi aap bed ki konsi side par soenge. Bataiye kaha soenge aap?"

"Main bed par nhi sounga." Anirudh replied immediately. 

"Fir kaha soenge aap patibabu? Yaha toh apki study wala sofa bhi nhi hai."

"Main zameen par so jaunga toh tum bed par so jao."

"Nhi nhi mere hote hue aap zameen par kaise so sakte hai. Aap bed par so jaiye aur main zameen par so jaungi." How could she let her patibabu sleep on floor. God will punish her for that. Bondita thought this and climbed down from bed. She was about to put a bedding on floor when a knock disturbed them. Anirudh turned around and saw randhir standing there with a smirk on his face.

"Bhabhi apko zameen par sone ki zaroorat nhi hai. Aaj hum dono dost bahar angan mei soenge. Kyuki apke patibabu ki wajha se seerat ne mujhe kamre se bahar nikal diya toh main akele kyu machro se ladu. Anirudh bhi mere saath ladega. Thik hai chalo fir shub ratri." 

He said and grabbed anirudh's arm and dragged him along with him.  Bondita looked at them leaving and prayed to god to protect him from mosquitos that will attack him tonight and let him win this battle with them.

Anirudh came to angan and saw seerat making bed fro him and randhir. He looked at him with questioning eyes. "Tumne toh kaha tha boudi ne tumhe bahar nikal diya fir yeh?"

"Mujhe pata haiki tum bhabhi ke saath ik kamre mei nhi so paoge."

"Isilye aaj yeh aapke saath soenge veerji." Seerat said and came towards anirudh and quitely hushed in his ears"Aur aap mauke pe chauka maar ke inn se sula bhi kar lena."

"Ji shukriya boudi, meri wajha se yeh.."

"Ohho veerji aise nhi bolte. Aap toh bas ab aaram karo. Aacha ji main chalti hu machro ke saath raat mubarak ho." Said  seerat and she ran away giggling.

"Pagal hi hai yeh par utni hi pyaari bhi." Randhir said and anirudh coughed. "Teri aur bhabhi ki shadi kab aur kasie hui?"

"Main kyu batau. Huh so ja kal se kaam pe lagna hai. Aaya bada shadi kasie hui." Randhir said and he laid down on bed and covered himself with sheet.

Anirudh looked at him and muttered, "Ise kya hua hai, kabhi has has ke baat karta hau kabhi karela ban jata hai. Huh"

And they slept waiting for the next morning.

-x-

Heya!!
Hope you liked the chapter.

Kindly don't forget to vote and comment.