CHAPTER 18

Anirudh came out of study and saw everyone was sitting in the living area. He has decided to leave for gurdaspur tomorrow only as very few days were left for bondita's school to open. He wanted bondita to get back to study before that happens and for that he'll have to leave tomorrow itself. He went towards living area to in form others.

"Uhh voh kaka mei kal gurdaspur ja rha hu."

Kaka who was peacefully sipping his tea looked at him with a questioning face. "Gurdaspur par kyu? Vaha na hi humara koi rishtedar hai na ki koi kaam fir kyu jana hai vaha?"

"Voh darasal kaka mere college ka bhout hi khass dost rheta hai vaha par. Aur usse ik case ko lekar meri madad chahiye. Humne koshish ki phone par hi solve karne ki par mujhe waha jana padega." 

"Aacha theek hai jao fir, kaam ke mamle mei hum kaise rok sakte hai tumhe. Kab tak aa jaoge?"

"Kuch pata nhi kaka par koshish karunga ki jaldi hi aa jau." ' Jaise hi randhir meri madad karne ko taiyar ho jaega vaise hi vapis aa jaunga kaka' anirudh thought in his mind.

"Theek hai fir jao par jaldi vapis aana. Bahu tum anirudh ka saman bandh dena."

Anirudh had a small smile on his face but from inside he was dancing. Usually kaka asks a lot of questions to him whenever he has to go somewhere but today he agreed easily maybe because he told him that he is going to a friends house. He felt bad about lying to him but he didn't lie completely. He is going but not to help instead to take is friends help for solving one of the important case. He was happy that now he can go peacefully and convince randhir to help him. He turned around to go to his room when kaka said something which turned his smiling face to a frowning one.

"Aacha anirudh hum khe rhe thee ki bahu ko bhi apne saath le jao. Itne dino se ghar baithi hai aur fir jaldh hi vidvalya shuru ho jaega iska. Tumhare saath jaegi toh thoda ghum legi."

Bondita who was sitting sad after knowing that her patibabu will have to go out of town for sometime, smiled after listening to her kaka sasurji. she also wanted to go out and what else could be best than going out with her patibabu.

"Kaka main bodita ko apne saath nhi lekar ja sakte."

"Arey kyu? Bahu issi bahane ghum legi thoda."

"Kaka  main vaha kaam se ja rha hu na ki ghumne."

"Anirudh tu jaega toh bahu ko saath lekar jaega varna nhi jaega."

"KAKA yeh galat hai. Main kaha na ki main..." Anirudh was interrupted by bondita 

"Rhene dijiye kaka sasurji agar patibabu mujhe apne saath nhi lekar jana chahte toh unhe zabardasti mat kahiye. Patibabu mei apka saman bandh deti hu." Bondita said with a sad face and left to pack anirudh's stuff.

Anirudh saw her sad face but he was helpless. He was doing this for her. He thought of taking her out somewhere once he returns from gurdaspur. 

"Aacha anirudh tum apne dost ke liye kuch uphar le jana. Aise khali haath jana hum zamindaro ko shobha nhi deta."

Anirudh was about to tell him that he is visiting his friend and he doesn't need tp do anything like that but then thought that randhir loves sweets or he use to love anything sweet. So he should carry some sweet delicacy with him. He nodded and made his way out of the haveli and towards the market.

 Anirudh first went to buy roshogullas but then thought they might get spoiled over the train journey. What else can he get for him. He was thinking about it when he spotted a known face in the crowd. He moved towards that person and called them, "Arey aazadii....." He immediately shut his mouth realizing what blunder he was about to make. Calling her aazadi express in this market filled with all types of people would have put her in a tough spot. He smiled sheepishly and made his way towards her. She showed him her palm asking him to stop and signaled towards another way and then showed him two fingers indicating him to come after 2 minutes. Anirudh looked here and there and after two minutes made his way towards where manorama told him.

"Barrister babu aaj toh apne mujhe fasa hi diya tha."

"Maaf karna maorama voh kya hua itne dino baad apne dost ko dekha toh isilye." 

"Haan kafi dino baad mil rhe hai hum. Bataiye kasie hai aap aur yaha kya kar rhe thee?"

"Main bilkul theek hu aur yaha kuch mithaiya lene aaya tha. Tum kaisi ho?"

"Main bhi theek hu. Bas apne muheem ki taiyari kar rhi hu isiliye yaha aai thi barrister babu."

"Yeh tum mujhe barrister babu mat bulao. Hum ik hi umar ke hai. Tum mujhe mere naam se bula sakti ho jaise main tumhe manorama bulata hu."

"Theek hai anirudh babu. Bondita kaisi hai? Aapne koi tarika dhunda usse apni baat samjhane ka?"

"Bondita ab bhi vaise hi hai balki uspar aur zyada bhoot sawar ho gya hai adarsh patni banane ka. Pata hai maine usse se baat bhi ki thi aur mujhe laga tha ki voh meri baat samaj gyi hai par pata nhi achanak agle din usse kya hua, aisa laga mano meri saari bato ko ansuna kar diya ho usne."

"Kisi ne zaroor uss se kuch kaha hoga, varna bondita toh itni samajdaar hai. Toh yeh mithaiya aap usi ke liye lekar ja rhe thee?"

"Arey nhi ab bondita meri baat toh maan nhi rhi toh main apne ik dost ki madad lene ja rha tha gurdaspur. Bas usi ke liye mithaiya lene aaya tha."

"Oh aacha hai apko koi tarika mila. Aasha karti hu apka dost apki sahayata kar de. Kab ja rhe hai aap aur kya bondita bhi ja rhi hai apke saath?"

"Aasha toh main bhi karta hu ki voh meri madad kar de. Kal hi nikal rha hu aur bondita yhi rahegi."

"Anirudh babu mere khyal se aapko bondita ko apne saath le jana chahiye. Ab aap hi dekhiye aapke baat karne ke baad bhi koi usse bhela fusla kar chala gya. Agar aap usse yaha akela chod kar jaenge toh kahi koi usse fir se kuch ulta path na padha de. Toh bhetar yhi hoga ki aap usse apne saath le jae."

"Haan yeh toh maine socha hi nhi. Shukriya manorama mei abhi ghar jakar bondita ko saath chalne ke liye bolta hu."

"Koi baat nhi anirudh babu. Aap zayda samay bitana bondita ke saath aur usse samjhane ki koshish karna. Aacha ab mei chalti hu."

"Theek hai aur tumhair aagli muheem safal ho aisi main kamna karunga."

They left from there. Anirudh again went towards the sweet shop and got himself 4 handis of roshogullas. He went home and straight away went towards bondita's room but she was not there. Then he went towards kitchen and saw her cleaning utensils. He called her.

"Bondita dekho main tumhare liye kya laya hu."

He showed her the handi and she just looked at him with a bright smile, came towards him and was about to take handi from his hand but retreated immediately and instead forwarded her hand to take that. Bondita would jump, clap her hands and snatch handi from him but here she was forwarding her hand asking him to give her that and not ordering him.

"Yelo bondita. Aur isse khane ke baad apne kamre mei jana aur apna saman bandh lena. Tum bhi chal rhi ho mere saath."

"Shotti patibabu?"

"Shotti bondita"

She got happy and was about to jump and do her happy dance but  then again something came in her mind and she just stood straight. After taking handi from him she made way towards her room. Normally anirudh would feel happy seeing her enjoying her favorite delicacy but today he was sad. Bondita was not being her usual self and he was missing that.

He was neither angry nor disappointed from her for behaving like that. He was just sad. His happy and child like bondita was still there but this new version was trying to supress that. He was angry at the society which made her believe that a girl has only one motive in life that is to become an ideal wife and obey her husband, to supress her happiness and behave like she has been told to by her elders. 

He won't let bondita get trapped into this, he'll take her out from it. He went to his room and checked his suitcase which was all packed. Just like that the day passed and anirudh was waiting for next morning, hoping that this trip to gurdaspur would be meaningful for him and bondita.

-x-

Hello ji, sorry for delay
Hope you liked this chapter.

What do you think will happen in gurdaspur?
Will randhir agree to help anirudh?

Kindly vote and comment. I would love to know your thoughts :-).