CHAPTER 4

With a handi of roshogulla in his hands and a huge smile plastered on his face anirudh made his way towards his house. Opening the door he was greeted with strong aroma of food. His stomach grumbled and he realized he forgot to have lunch today. But his thoughts again shifted to the aroma and he wondered from where is it coming from. He made his way to kitchen only to find that this aroma was of the dinner kept in the kitchen. Now the question was where did this dinner came from. As far as he remembers he strictly prohibited bondita to do cooking as he wanted her to concentrate on her studies and also he didn't want her to be all worked up when they are staying away from haveli. One day when they'll return to haveli, though he was npt sure if he wanted to, she will again have to continue all her work as bahurani of haveli. 

Now if bondita didn't make this food then where did so much food suddenly appeared from. He will not lie but looking at the delicious dishes kept in front of him he wanted his barrister mind to shut for some time so that he can enjoy the food. But once a barrister always a  barrister. His thoughts were suddenly interrupted when he heared bondita's voice "Arey patibabu aap kab aae? Aur mujhe awaaz kyu nhi lagai aapne?" 

"Mei abhi abhi hi aaya hu bondita. Aur awaaz isliye nhi laga paya kyuki yeh khane ki khushbu mujhe yaha kheech lai. Mujhe laga tha ki tum bhi yhi hogi. Yeh sab chodo bondita, mujhe phele yeh batao ki yeh itna khana aaya kaha se?"

Bondita was smiling as anirudh unknowingly praised her food by saying that the aroma dragged him here. But his question wiped off the smile and now she was tensed. She knew that he'll be angry if she tell him that she made all of this that too alone. But she cannot even lie to him as he'll catch her lies. Sometimes she wondered if he has any superpower, how come he can catch when she is lying or tell about her mood from the sound of her feet. She was brought put of these thoughts when anirudh asked the same question again.

"Voh patibabu aaj mujhe koi zyada kaam nhi tha karne ko. Toh maine socha ki kyu na aaj mei aapke liye khana bana du. Aap court mei pura din kaam karke aate hai mei apke liye itna toh kar hi sakti hu."

Anirudh looked at her and then at the dishes displayed on the small counter of the small kitchen and then again looked at her and said, "Yeh itna khana tumne banya bondita. Kyu? Mei aajata toh saath mei bana lete na. Mei tumhe yaha koi kaam karne se mana kar rha hu taki tum apni padhai pe dhyan de sako aur tum yaha khana bana rhi ho, voh bhi itna saara."

"Mujhe pata hai patibabu ki aap aake khud hi khana bana lete aur mujhr aapki madad bhi mhi karne dete. Isiliye maine aaj khana banya. Haveli mei bhi toh banati thi na aur saath saath mei padhai bhi kar leti thi. Toh yaha kya dikat hai?" Bondita immediately said as if she knew that he will say this only.

"Dikat nhi hai bondita. Mujhe pata hai ki tum sab kaam karne mei saksham ho par mei nhi chahta tha ki jab hum yaha iss ghar mei hai toh tum koi kaam karo. Mei tumpar kisi tarha ki rok nhi laga rha tha, mujhe pata hai ki tumhe khana bana na kitna pasand hai. " Anirudh said with a sad smile.

"Arey nhi patibabu mera voh matlab nhi tha. Mei toh bas khe rhi thi ki mei aise baithe baithe bore ho gyi isliye apke liye khana banya. Kal se mei aisa nhi karungi. Par abhi toh cahliye khana kha lijiye apka pet kab se khane ko pukar rha hai" Bondita giggled as anirudh's stomach grumbled again.

Anirudh freshened up and came for dinner. In meantime bondita served dinner for both of them. While eating bondita was stealing glances with anirudh. He was wearing kurta pajama but still was looking the best guy to her. "Kya hua bondita kuch khena hai kya tumne?" anirudh asked to which bondita nodded her head negatively. They ate their dinner and sat near bondita's bed to have some conversation. This has become their ritual, have dinner together and then talk about their day. Both of them enjoyed this time that they get to spend together.

"Vaise bondita khena padega ki khana vakai kafi swadisht tha. Shukriya itna aacha khana khilane ke liye."

"Ismei shukriya ki kya baat patibabu, yeh toh mera farz hai" Bondiat said remembering what that elderly lady has told her.

"Aacha aaj joh maine tumhe ghriykarya  diya tha, tumne voh kar liya na. Chalo dikhao mujhe."

Bondita panicked as in order to make such delicacies for him she completely forgot about her homework. she started looking here and there, her eyes landed on the handi. "Patibabu yeh handi? Aap lekar aae kya? aaj kuch khas hai kya?" bondita asked because of two reasons - one to distract anirudh and second to eat her favorite sweets.

"Arey mei toh bhul hi gya tha. Bondita aaj mujhe mera phela case mila. toh ba ussi ki kushi mei yeh handi lekar aaya tumhare liye" anirudh told her with a smile.

Bondita got really happy that her patibabu finally got a case and now he will be able to prove himself. She quickly opened the lid and took out a roshogulla and forwarded it to him. he in return turned her hand and took the roshogulla in front of her mouth. Bondita smiled and ate the roshogulla. Then she gave one to anirudh and took away rest of handi. Anirudh looked at her and smiled. Somewhere he knew that bondita brought up the handi just to diatract him but he didn't questioned her. She was living away from everyone and today she wanted to cook for him for change. He couldn't get himself to scold her as he also knew that everyone deserves a break every know and then. 

Saying goodnight to each other they made way to their way towards there respective beds. Bondita was smiling, she thought that today she took one step in becoming a good wife and if she continue to do that she will definately be able to get her patibabu's love. She was determined to take a step everyday so that she can reach her destination quickly. One thing she didn't realized is that doing this will not make anirudh fall for her but it will definitely make him angry and sad as his bondita got distracted from her motive and got indulged in these things.

Anirudh on the other hand laid down thinking about how from tomorrow he will have to lie to bondita and get trained in order to help aazadi express for her mission. Both of their thoughts came to a pause as their eyes got shut and they drifted to the land of dreams.

-x-