CHAPTER 12

Bondita was in her lala land when she heard kaka calling her. She rushed to him only to find out that he was craving some gud ki chai. She quickly rushed towards kitchen and made tea for him. After serving him, she again made her way towards study. There was still time for dinner so she thought she'll clean the study. That was the reason she went there before. While cleaning it she looked at the photograph of her and her patibabu and she started admiring him. She always have admired him as a teacher and friend, though that was not the only relationship she had with him. He at times use to become her mother, taking care of her, feeding her with his own hands and there were time when he use to take up the role of her father, scolding her when she did something wrong but at the same time encouraging her and telling her not to give up.

She picked up the photo and thought how her patibabu has played an essential role in her life. She was grateful for him being in her life. She again looked at photograph and saw how both of them were wearing barrister robe and suddenly she remembered that she still has not completed her study. What if patibabu checks her notebook. Oh god bondita! why are you so careless. But then she thought about what those village women told her, that the way to husband's heart is through her stomach. So she decided that if he finds out then she'll cook something delicious and will apologize to him for not completing her work. She also made sure to tell him that she is in love with him but was confused about how to tell him. She picked up the photo and started talking to it, pretending that she was talking to anirudh. 

Now when she returned to study she started cleaning it. She picked up a book, cleaned it and placed it back on shelf. She was doing this with every book and while doing this she came across a photo frame of her patibabu. It was his college photo, they were standing outside king's university. She cleaned it and placed it on shelf. She continued her work for sometime and then went towards kitchen to prepare dinner. From the time they have returned back to haveili, she has taken responsibility of cooking all the meals. Kaka was happy seeing his bahu fulfilling her duties but was also worried that she might overwork and drain herself. And also if anirudh finds out then he must be prepared for another dj session.

Dinner was made and everybody was called. Bondita was serving everyone when kaka asked, "Bahu yeh anirudh kaha hai? Sham se nhi dekha humne usse. So rha hai kya kamre mei."

"Dada toh kamre mei nhi hai kaka. Mei abhi dekh kar aaya hu." batuk spoke while taking a bite of his food.

"Oh aacha. Waise tum kyu gye thee anirudh ke kamre mei?"

"Voh kaka dada gao jane se phele mujhe ghriya karya dekar gye thee. Peechle kuch dino unki tabiyat theek nhi thi toh maine socha unhe pareshan na karu, par ab toh voh theek hai. Toh mei unhe apna kaam check karvane gaya tha. Ab boudi ne toh sab kaam check karva liya hoga toh maine socha mei bhi karva hi lu, iss se phele ki dada mujhe daante."

"Aacha aacha. Par ab kaha hai yeh anirudh. Itni der ho gyi hai. Samay ka kuch pata hi nhi chalta iss ghade ko. Abhi abhi toh theek hua tha aur nikal gya bahar ghumne. Nalayak kahi ka."

That was the moment anirudh made an entry. He was exhausted with all the thinking he has been doing and just wanted to rest. But kaka called him towards dining table. 

"Arey anirudh itni jaldi aa gye. Abhi aur 2 ghante bahar ghum aate. Abhi toh bas 8 baje hai. Jao beta jao aaram se aana."

Anirudh rolled his eyes. He was already tired and on top of that kaka was not letting him go to his room.

"Par abhi toh apne dada ko nalayak aur gadha bola aur kaha ki inko samay ka kuch pata nhi. Aur ab bol rhe hai ki jao bahar ghum aao." He stood up from his seat and went toeards kaka. He placed his hand on his forehead and uttered "Bukhar toh nhi hai aapko." He took his hand back and gasped
"Kaka apko bhulne ki bimari ho gyi kya? Haw abhi toh aap itne bhude bhi nhi hue aur abhi se yeh bimari. Jab aur bade ho jaenge tab toh aapko hum bhi yaad nhi rahenge."