CHAPTER 9

Anirudh was unconscious throughout the night and now it was 8 in the morning. Bondita woke up from her short nap as she thought anirudh has woken up, but to her disappointment that was just her dream. After that she didn't sleep. Around 7 in the morning her kaka sasurji came. When he saw his dearest nephew in that condition, he couldn't control his tears. He asked the vaid accompanying him to check anirudh. Vaid ji did the same and informed that the burns are not to deep and will be cured by regularly applying medicine. He gave the medicine to bondita and left. 

Trilochan kaka was not sure about sending anirudh and bondita away, though he thought that staying together might bring them close but at the same time he feared that how will both his children manage to stay in village. He was scared about their wellbeing. And now seeing airudh lying unconscious with burns and brusies all he wanted was to take both of them back with him and he will do that by hook or crook. 

Anirudh opened his eyes after what felt like an eternity. He had lost all hopes of his survival and know that he has opened his eyes he wanted see bondita and check if she was ok. He turned his head around only to find kaka sitting on the stool and bondita sitting near his feat, eyes closed and lips constantly mummering prayers. He looked at his kaka and called him in feeble voice.

"Anirudh! Durga maa ka lakh lakh shukar hai ki tumhe hosh aa gya. Tumhe pata hai hum kitna daar gye thee. Agar tumhe kuch ho jata toh humara kya hota, humare parivar, bahu ka kya hota."

Bondita head snapped when her patibabu's voice reached her ears. She looked at him with teraed filled eyes and silently thanked dugga maa for waking him up. She had so many questions to ask him but chose to remain silent and let her kaka sasurji deal with him. She was angry at him. How could he do that with his life.

"Kaka ab mei theek hu, aap ghabraiye mat."
Anirudh looked at bondita and saw that she was not looking at him. He understood that she is angry with him. 

Trilochan kaka asked bondita to pack their things and come back to haveli but anirudh was andament to not go back. But he couldn't say no to his kaka when he gave him his kasam. After that he made his way back to haveli not before instructing bihari to get their luggaage.

"Bondita, kya tum gussa ho mujh se?"

"Mujhe aapse koi baat nhi karni. Aap samajte kya hai khud ko, kisne kaha tha yeh sab karne ke liye aur aapne yeh sab kiya hi kyu?"
"Voh bondita yeh.. voh yeh kaam..."

"Ab boliye bhi kyu aapne apni jaan khatre mei dali? Kya mil jata apko yeh sab karke?"

Anirudh neither wanted to tell her the truth nor wanted to lie to her. Her last question made him think about the money he was about to get from aazadi express. 
"Bondita kya mere liye koi patr aaya hai?" to which bondita said no. His heart sank. He did all this to get that money and now he doesn't have that. 

Bondita saw colour draining from his face and asked him about same.
"Nhi voh kuch nhi bondita. Tum saaman band lo fir hume haveli bhi toh jana hai na."

"Huh mei abhi bhi aapse gussa hu. Aap phele mujhe bataieye ki aapne aisa kiya kyu. Uske baad mei saman bandh lungi. Ik minute kahi aapne mere school ki fees ke liye toh yeh sab nhi kiya."

Anirudh knew he cannot lie to bondita now so he decided to tell her the truth, half truth. 
"Voh bondita, maine yeh sab apne ik dost ke khene par kiya. Usne kaha tha usse meri zaroorat hai isliye. Tumhari school ki fees toh mei court mei case ladh ke hi jama kar lunga."

If anirudh had informed her that he did all this for school fee, she would have been hurt. Yes education was important but him hurting himself to get her that, would be the last thing she wanted. He knew that she loves to study but in past she has told him that he is her sansaar, how would she feel when she'll know that he got involved in these dangerous activities for her. She might tell him that she does not wish to study and that is something anirudh won't let happen. So he decided to tell her some parts of truth.