chapter 2

Sherlock p.o.v

  Strange things do happened if you believed in them. Like my own words, strange thing had happened to me. Deep in my sleep, I dreamt about a girl with the finest eyes I had ever beheld upon. We were in a large party that full of unfamiliar faces. As I walked across the room, the fine eyes I mentioned before were standing before me. Our eyes meet and her gaze never leaving mine and so does mine never leaving hers. I walked toward her, never once leaving her eyes that reflected thousands of sapphires. I could not have the strength to look away from her. And her dress that had low cut and it hug her curves perfectly looked ravishing. Once I stand in front of her, I bowed my head in a gentleman manner to show her my respect. And asked her one thing that had lingered in my mind ever since I saw her at that moment.

"May I have this dance?" I said while never breaking our eye contact as I asked her.

"Yes, you may" she said while curtsied and she took my hand while I put my left hand on her back. I lead her to the dance floor. All of the crowd goes silent. I guided her right hand and put it on my shoulder while my right was with her left and we began to sway to the music. And suddenly, the people around us had gone away. We danced in the slow rhythm of the violin. Neither of us talked to each other and I am not wanting to destroy something so beautiful. And I dared myself to look down from her eyes to her soft lips. And I dared myself again to leaned my face closer her. And I was surprised by her action which was leaning her face to me. As our lips were inches apart. I had to wake up and not knowing what it felt like to kiss her. Why did I woke up and leaving such a beautiful dream behind? I wanted to know her, just because she was only in my dream. That doesn't mean that she was not real. She is real, I know it and I could feel it. I walked downstairs and saw my annoying (unfortunately) big brother, Mycroft playing chest with father while mother was eating peacefully. My mother greeted me with her smile "Good morning Sherlock" says her. And my father also greeted me.

"Good morning, how was your sleep?" suddenly, I asked him questions that I did not think of before and it made me in the state of shame. "Is there any dream come true?" they were all stopped doing their activities and looked at me surprised.

"Why did you asked us my son, what were you dreaming about last night?" Mother asked me rather curious.

"Was it about a girl?" father asked me and I turned myself into a shade of red.

"My son like a girl?!" My mother kissed my cheek and handed me a piece of toast. Once I was done eating, I go up to my room but was stopped by Mycroft

"Such an idiot little brother, there's no such thing as a dream come true" he insulted me. Yes, his comment made me angry, but I learned it was best to ignore them. Once, when I was little, he told me that fairy tales did not exist. Of course, I stopped believing in them after he told me that. I am not giving up on her and so I drew her face on a piece of paper. And after 10 minutes, I finished it and I hung it on the wall of my bedroom. But after a minute or so, I got bored and position myself in a resting way, arms resting like I want to pray to God. What if Mycroft right... What if the girl was only a dream? I slowly closed my eyes, hoping that the dream would be continued.

Even if I tried. It was hopeless.

(published date: 19/05/2015)  

(edited: 31/07/2017)