Chapter 35

"Are you sure John!" his voice was unsure of how things turned to be. He was unsure of my arisen from my deep painful slumber. I tried to rose from my laying bed, but the wound which was still fresh refused to let me sit. Nor even talk.

"What are you doing?"

"trying to sit" my voice still cracked every time I attempted to talk, throat sore and hoarse. My lips were chapped.

"Nope, you are still on bed rest, Doctor's order" I dried chuckled him, not even bothered enough to listen of his remarks. I sat up, thought my body rejected every move, yet I was keen to do so anyway. I first tried to hold my weigh with both of my arms that refused to do as my command, then my body just fell to the mild matters. The sudden pain from the bullet wound hit me painfully, forcing me to groan in pain. 

"See, that's what you'd get when you disobey your uncle's command" to which I mumbled back, that was not loud but, was enough to let it be heard "Your command? By the second the bullet implied me, you probably passed" 

"I did not! if I passed away, who would stop Sherlock killing Profesor Moriarty?" 

"He could kill him? whatever by that means?" I tried once again to lift my body, and I tried to be as gentle and as careful. My body jolted in pain, but I ignored them and sit uncomfortably.  my visions were as blur and every single thing were all just a haze. I can not make any of the figures of the furniture, nor even John himself was just a blur. I was in a daze.

"Ah, you naughty girl. Can you for once listen to me? Look at you squirming in pain. I can bet you that you are in a very uncomfortable position right now"

"And for once, can you shut up. You, sir, are now giving me the most hurtful headache ever" It was more likely for me to stay voiceless, for my throat was sore, but his remarks were very tempting for me to comment, hence I never really stay silence.  But it did bring be tolls. My whole body was crying in pain, and I cannot move more for I should've never moved. 

Both of my supports were in tremble as they cannot hold me much longer. And not long after, I gave in to the pain and let myself fall. 

"(Y/N)!" John shouted in concern.

"I'm fine, don't worry much" John was still nervous that I'd do something stupid. And in fact, he's not wrong. I'd probably do something stupid if it was not for John who stopped me from doing so. 

"Listen to your uncle, if not for him, for me" Sherlock's voice came from the doorway. And I painfully tried to turn my whole body to see his face to search comfort from him. But if I did so, my neck would get hurt and left me numb. So, I only listened and prayed to God that he might've come. And he did "You just go wounded" Sherlock said with concern.

"I'm fine, don't worry" I softened my voice so that he was reassured for my health. John looked at Sherlock and nodded his head as a sign that he'll leave the room. And the moment after, we were left just the both of us. The silence which filled the room adequately coated both of our atmospheres. And I did not dare to break such peace. Hence why I came to appreciate the peace of the room. But Sherlock seemed to be more fidgetting than before.

I can't see of what he looked like at first, but somehow I managed to describe him. His whole body was tense and his once beautiful face was darkened by the dark spot under both eyes. His round marks of blue doted both cheeks, and his lips were swollen and his upper lip was cut. And the way his steps sounded like he limped his way toward me. He was in pain.

"How are you, darling?" 

"Aside from the bullet wound that pained me when I move? I'm fine" I smiled slightly at his concern which he returned it ardently. 

"You manage to make a joke while still on bed rest. How could I have become so Lucky to posses such a sarcastic lover?" The quietness entered once more as he said the word. The very same word that he used back then.

"You said it"

"Said what, exactly?"

"Lover"  Sherlock stopped to look at me with sudden wonder upon his eyes. His cheeks were highlighted with red tints as a sign that he was blushing. 

"Of course" he said rather factly, then he continued with the words that I dare not to think of "You are my lover, are you not?" 

"I heard you whispered in my ear when I was unconscious, you pronounced the word lover that I was given enough hope to live through this pain that I suffer... you gave me hope" I smiled a little remembering his soft voice when the word lover went out from his mouth. He was so pure and understudied by all that accused him of being incapable of love. But he was so rich to show them when it comes to his intimate acquaintances. I will always be grateful to be one of them. 

"You heard me?" 

"I did. And Lord Byron would not stand against your sweet poetry of 5 second"